Putin says will never legalise gay marriage

Nov 2008
Washington state
Putin sure would make a good evangelical.
No , he observes America and sees how Same Sex Marriage has torn down the foundation of the family. Anyone that believes marriage is between a man and a woman is ostracized from society and told to change or expect activists to show up and shun you. Putin knows better than letting that insanity start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: The Man

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
If you care anything about the LGBT Community that is being so PERSECUTED and MURDERED there by being thrown off buildings, etc. as we've heard happens just for being Gay and Lesbian you would not feel so sympathetic to that execrable nation. That is one of the main things that greatly upsets me and makes me see red when I think of Russia. They surely still act as if they were continuing in the same vein of the heinous and animalistic Communist reign. Do people there have the freedom and power to speak openly against Putin without repercussions? No! Do Gay and Lesbian citizens there have the freedom and power to demonstrate openly and organize without reprisals? No! Can their citizens enjoy freedoms such as we enjoy here? NO! And all of the stories that have come out about people strangely "disappearing" when they went against Putin is truly reminiscent of the Communist era in Russia. Don't see how it could come any closer. And haven't even begun to talk to all of the other things that the world despises about those people. So, they are not liked around the world. Not at all. Not even close. But how can you blame those that don't like that despicable country under the circumstances? Hell, not even most Americans like Russia, except perhaps for Trump that is. They seriously need to shape up to be more acceptable. And giving FULL HUMAN RIGHTS to each and every LGBT citizen with inclusiviness there would be a good start!
Never heard of gays being thrown off buildings over there... You are thinking of ISIS, man...

Which is not to say gays do not get murdered over there, it does happen:

I wrote about various hate crime over there myself:

They are for from alone, in such attitudes, though, sadly...

Lots of nations are homophobic, out there, actually. Lots of cultures. You'd be surprised...

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
No , he observes America and sees how Same Sex Marriage has torn down the foundation of the family. Anyone that believes marriage is between a man and a woman is ostracized from society and told to change or expect activists to show up and shun you. Putin knows better than letting that insanity start.

Putin sure would make a good evangelical.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Never heard of gays being thrown off buildings over there... You are thinking of ISIS, man...

Which is not to say gays do not get murdered over there, it does happen:

I wrote about various hate crime over there myself:

They are for from alone, in such attitudes, though, sadly...

Lots of nations are homophobic, out there, actually. Lots of cultures. You'd be surprised...
Yes, I am very familiar with ISIS throwing Gays off buildings. But there have been stories that equated what ISIS was doing with Russia's treatment of Gays. In other words, there apparently was some great similarity there with the punishment administered to people just for being Gay. But I continue to wonder how in the world can anyone have the heart to do such a cruel thing to people that are causing them no personal harm?

Jun 2013
Here
Those Russians, starting with Putin, should be very ashamed of themselves for their stance in that matter. Only they know no shame. Of course we cannot expect for a backward, draconian third world country like Russia with Sixteenth Century mentality to come on-line with modern day reality in thinking and tolerance for those who are different. It doesn't work that way with THOSE PEOPLE. What does work and what Putin truly cares for are the beatings, the despicably nasty treatment and much much worse such as the diabolical executions execrably administered to members of the LGBT Community. Of course, try as they may, Russians fail every time in saying that they too are a "Christian" country. If they truly were they would use God-given COMPASSION rather than the condemnation of otherwise innocent people. Nothing could be farther away from Christianity in their present stance in their so mistreating their citizens, who for their information, God Also Created. I suppose Putin and discriminatory, prejudiced and bigoted Russians think that they are far above sin that they can feel free to cast the first stone. Well, they're not.

Besides, haven't you noticed that their military walks funny! :lol: :lol:

Just a thought. I don't believe it is all Russians and I don't believe Russia is a "draconian third world country with a Sixteenth Century mentality". It has quite a history covers the largest geographical area in the world. Russia, like many other nations in the world has had its share of ups and downs and all arounds, but also some very sophisticated societies. One should remember who beat the U.S. into space with a satellite.

It's history with Tsars and Communists and now with Putin, are not great, but I don't believe oppressive leadership has been the desire of all Russians.

List of countries and dependencies by area - Wikipedia

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Just a thought. I don't believe it is all Russians and I don't believe Russia is a "draconian third world country with a Sixteenth Century mentality". It has quite a history covers the largest geographical area in the world. Russia, like many other nations in the world has had its share of ups and downs and all arounds, but also some very sophisticated societies. One should remember who beat the U.S. into space with a satellite.

It's history with Tsars and Communists and now with Putin, are not great, but I don't believe oppressive leadership has been the desire of all Russians.

List of countries and dependencies by area - Wikipedia
No, of course not all Russians tend to be oppressive of those whom they do not like or even those whom they actually despise. But I'm speaking of those that we hear in the news that are causing the violent acts against the LGBT Community that is not doing anything to them for them to get so upset and violent against them. And one just has to wonder Why All Of The Hate, Folks? Why? Can't they ever learn to be civil and orderly and love their fellow man? Perhaps not. At least those that are oppressors would not even entertain that thought, that much is known. And yet the majority of people there that are alright cannot make a move to correct that heinous behavior in them out of fear for their lives. That is what Russia is all about. Fear! People there it seems are afraid of their own shadow. They have to always watch what they say and who they say it to and watch their back real carefully also. So, is the government really any different now than it was in yesteryear when it gets right down to brass tacks? No, I don't believe it is at all most unfortunately.

Aug 2018
Vancouver

You got divorced.

None of the gay people I know have.

Your marriage was torn down. Theirs isn't. The foundation of your marriage was torn down. Theirs wasn't.

Hypocritical isn't even a strong enough word. It doesn't have the necessary bile.

Jun 2013
Here

Will you please quote the verse in the Bible that says marriage is required to be between a man and woman only. Methinks you are confused with a verse that talks about divorce, not a requirement that marriage can only be between a man and woman OR about how women were made from the rib of Adam. In essence, the same flesh.

I don't see where it specifically says marriage can only be between a man and a woman.

Perhaps you can show us all where it specifically refers to that anywhere in the New Testament.

If you would like to refer to the Old Testament with regard to homosexuality being an abomination, then please also refer to eating shellfish and wearing clothing made of different threads as also being abominations and tell us your estimates of how many "good Christians" wear clothing made of different threads and eat shellfish or do and eat so many other things considered detestable or unclean?

I have to say, I don't believe you are a Christian at all, but someone using the suggestion that there is some sort of anti-Christian movement to drive politcal wedges. You sure don't seem to know much about what's in the books of the Bible. If you did, you'd have a lot more than homosexuality and/homosexual marriage to condemn.

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Here
No, of course not all Russians tend to be oppressive of those whom they do not like or even those whom they actually despise. But I'm speaking of those that we hear in the news that are causing the violent acts against the LGBT Community that is not doing anything to them for them to get so upset and violent against them. And one just has to wonder Why All Of The Hate, Folks? Why? Can't they ever learn to be civil and orderly and love their fellow man? Perhaps not. At least those that are oppressors would not even entertain that thought, that much is known. And yet the majority of people there that are alright cannot make a move to correct that heinous behavior in them out of fear for their lives. That is what Russia is all about. Fear! People there it seems are afraid of their own shadow. They have to always watch what they say and who they say it to and watch their back real carefully also. So, is the government really any different now than it was in yesteryear when it gets right down to brass tacks? No, I don't believe it is at all most unfortunately.
Fear mongering also seems to be a growing trend, here in America. The biggest fraud the world has perhaps ever witnessed in a high political office is telling the "poorly educated" he loves to fear anyone that says anything truthful about him that does not flatter him.

One of the only fears any human should have is of people that habitually and pathologically lie to them. Especially when someone who claims to be their leader is someone who is a pathological liar.

It's hard to remember sometimes, but I do believe it is important to make sure we don't condemn all people, for the evils some people do and try to make that clear when we say things.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet

Um....I disagree...LOL!

• Haha