Putin says will never legalise gay marriage

Nov 2015
UK

Some conservative groups tied to the Church have, specifically, asked for a specific provision stipulating that marriage is only between a man and woman, to be included among the new amendments to the Constitution:
At least Putin has his head screwed on with the marriage issue.

• Haha
Reactions: The Man
Nov 2008
Washington state
Will you please quote the verse in the Bible that says marriage is required to be between a man and woman only. Methinks you are confused with a verse that talks about divorce, not a requirement that marriage can only be between a man and woman OR about how women were made from the rib of Adam. In essence, the same flesh.

I don't see where it specifically says marriage can only be between a man and a woman.

Perhaps you can show us all where it specifically refers to that anywhere in the New Testament.

If you would like to refer to the Old Testament with regard to homosexuality being an abomination, then please also refer to eating shellfish and wearing clothing made of different threads as also being abominations and tell us your estimates of how many "good Christians" wear clothing made of different threads and eat shellfish or do and eat so many other things considered detestable or unclean?

I have to say, I don't believe you are a Christian at all, but someone using the suggestion that there is some sort of anti-Christian movement to drive politcal wedges. You sure don't seem to know much about what's in the books of the Bible. If you did, you'd have a lot more than homosexuality and/homosexual marriage to condemn.

Genesis 2:24 (ESV)
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Malachi 2:14 (ESV)
14 But you say, “Why does he not?” Because the Lord was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.

Genesis 2:18 (ESV)
18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

Ephesians 5:31 (ESV)
31 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”

The Bible speaks specifically about man and woman leaving their parents and having a covenant with God. That can’t happen with two men or two women because the Bible speaks of those that practice Homosexuality not inheriting the Kingdom of God

1 Corinthians 6:9–10

ESV

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous2 will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: xneither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,3 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: The Man

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Looking forward to the good folks on this forum moving to Russia where they can practice their "religion" in peace.
Well, that's what some of em might think, anyhow...

Til they actually go there, and maybe will realize, hopefully not the hard way, that the Orthodox Church has little love for other/minority denominations either...

Reactions: Coyote

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Looking forward to the good folks on this forum moving to Russia where they can practice their "religion" in peace.
Well, that's what some of em might think, anyhow...

Til they actually go there, and maybe will realize, hopefully not the hard way, that the Orthodox Church has little love for other/minority denominations either...

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
1 Corinthians 6:9–10

ESV

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous2 will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: xneither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,3 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm.....I noticed that Trump has not come out against the immorality of being a drunkard....

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Hey! I've been called worse, pal!!! :mad:
My phone keeps glitching lol

Stupid Chinese crap, Huawei... Probably has coronovirus or something... :D

Can't wait till our contract expires in April, so I can get rid of this piece of shit, and get an LG or something...