Putin's "Useful Idiots" ID'd: Trump and GOP Trump Defenders

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Call them marching orders. Call it drinking the Kool-Aid. Call it blind defense with no regard for the truth. Call it what you will. But there is no more denying that the Trump Defense League wing of the GOP is doing the work of Vladimir Putin and Russia.

Useful Idiots... Manipulated stooges... The lot of them.

But the success of the Russian smear campaign was evident in the impeachment inquiry hearings where Republicans, led by Rep. Devin Nunes, and backed up by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, were clearly ignoring intelligence officials’ warnings and pushing the conspiracy theories.

Hill says not only was Russia the country that “interfered” in our 2016 election, but they were successful.

Furthermore, those lawmakers who are claiming Ukraine attacked our country are parroting Putin’s talking points.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is gloating as Republicans continue to trumpet a debunked conspiracy theory that Ukraine - not Russia - interfered in the 2016 US presidential election.

"Thank God, no one is accusing us of interfering in the US elections anymore; now they're accusing Ukraine," Putin said in Moscow on Wednesday.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
The worst part is Putin gloating openly about it, cackling like the Wicked Witch of the West as her monkeys take to the skies ...

... and yet, Kennedy still goes on MSNBC to do this. And it's not like it's because it advances some policy interest or other idiosyncrasy.

It is because Trump believes it (or says he does) and all of these guys, in sheer terror, are determined to reaffirm what he says.

If Kennedy dared to go on Chuck Todd and say otherwise, he'd get tweeted at. And they just can't bear the thought!

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The worst part is Putin gloating openly about it, cackling like the Wicked Witch of the West as her monkeys take to the skies ...

... and yet, Kennedy still goes on MSNBC to do this. And it's not like it's because it advances some policy interest or other idiosyncrasy.

It is because Trump believes it (or says he does) and all of these guys, in sheer terror, are determined to reaffirm what he says.

If Kennedy dared to go on Chuck Todd and say otherwise, he'd get tweeted at. And they just can't bear the thought!
Do you think it could be more than that though? I mean mid terms showed Trump isnt necessarily the be all he claims to be. So for many of these GOPers, they might not be safe no matter what they say or do. So theoretically, they could be free to say what they truly feel. Yet they dont. So I am concerned, there is more to this. I have read in the past, that there was actual discussions on either ending NATO or changing it dramatically. Maybe Trump is just the "burn it all down" some have wanted and could take the blame?

Reactions: johnflesh

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Do you think it could be more than that though? I mean mid terms showed Trump isnt necessarily the be all he claims to be. So for many of these GOPers, they might not be safe no matter what they say or do. So theoretically, they could be free to say what they truly feel. Yet they dont. So I am concerned, there is more to this. I have read in the past, that there was actual discussions on either ending NATO or changing it dramatically. Maybe Trump is just the "burn it all down" some have wanted and could take the blame?
Simplest explanation is the best one absent hard evidence.

They all are convinced, and they may be right, that the base will do whatever Trump says.

Trump cares more about Russia than pretty much anything, so they simply can't contradict him. Not on national TV, where he'll see it.

Their advisers are insistent to them on that point, and the polling is absolute. If they contradict him, he'll use that against them.

They are SCARED, and so they will do what they believe to be safe and affirm his beliefs and his priorities, come what may.

Reactions: Friday13
May 2013
N Oregon Coast
You've heard of Moscow Mitch? Now we have Kremlin Kennedy. That asshole LIES when he claims not to have briefed by top US intel officials warning the US Senate in no uncertain terms that there was NO EVIDENCE of this conspiracy theory, and to please refrain from doing Vlad's bidding.

What a sad display we are seeing from formerly honorable Republicans who other than Rohrabacher and a couple of others, were Russia hawks. Why can't they just be happy with Mike Pence and call it good?

Reactions: Devil505 and Babba

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I know you're ready to believe that our intel community is lying, but do you honestly believe that all of our allies' intel communities are lying and they're all in a conspiracy to thwart Trump?
One of the fascinating parts to me is looking at the reasons behind why someone would volunteer to be Putin's stooge.

There are going to be some who continue to put forth this propaganda, knowing it's false, but taking this political action for partisan purposes. Not drawing the line at questioning or disparaging our long held allies or our own law enforcement and intelligence communities when it comes to securing political power. Now, that's just part of being a scumbag. That's the world that has given birth to the #TrumpEnabler.

There are others though who will spread these debunked Russian generated conspiracy theories and believe them wholeheartedly out of an undying faith in President Trump. This is more of a cultish behavior based on blind loyalty.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Simplest explanation is the best one absent hard evidence.

They all are convinced, and they may be right, that the base will do whatever Trump says.

Trump cares more about Russia than pretty much anything, so they simply can't contradict him. Not on national TV, where he'll see it.

Their advisers are insistent to them on that point, and the polling is absolute. If they contradict him, he'll use that against them.

They are SCARED, and so they will do what they believe to be safe and affirm his beliefs and his priorities, come what may.
They are PUSSIES. I'm trying to remember whether D's who voted to impeach Clinton or R's who told Nixon he had to go were voted out in their next election.

I don't believe they were. Of course, it's a different planet and media environment now.