Races

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
To be honest I have yet to see the difference between them. Ok, maybe darker skin, some different hair but all the same. They all laugh, all have brains if they chose to use them. I use to teach little league and all children are the same. They all want to play, be a part of the team and feel important. I hate when coaches say “well they are weakness and strengths on a team. If a coach can’t bring out their strengths than they should retire. All my little men knew they were important to me and no one ever sit the bench each game. Oh yea, we won most of our games. To be a good coach is to show them how important they are and make them believe it.

May be start back. I am so tired of these coaches today.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
To be honest I have yet to see the difference between them. Ok, maybe darker skin, some different hair but all the same. They all laugh, all have brains if they chose to use them. I use to teach little league and all children are the same. They all want to play, be a part of the team and feel important. I hate when coaches say “well they are weakness and strengths on a team. If a coach can’t bring out their strengths than they should retire. All my little men knew they were important to me and no one ever sit the bench each game. Oh yea, we won most of our games. To be a good coach is to show them how important they are and make them believe it.

May be start back. I am so tired of these coaches today.

Woohooo and wtg on the first bold. I'm not sure what you meant on the last bolded sentence, though.

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
Woohooo and wtg on the first bold. I'm not sure what you meant on the last bolded sentence, though.
I don't have a grandson and didn't when I use to coach. Watching last year- I love to watch the young ones play- most coaches even if they are losing badly won't put all players in the game. What are they telling these kids? They are not worth playing? If a coach can't build confidence in all his players regardless of the score-board he failed the team.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
I don't have a grandson and didn't when I use to coach. Watching last year- I love to watch the young ones play- most coaches even if they are losing badly won't put all players in the game. What are they telling these kids? They are not worth playing? If a coach can't build confidence in all his players regardless of the score-board he failed the team.

Maybe start back? You mean, let all the kids have a turn on the field?

I bet you were a great coach, free!

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
Maybe start back? You mean, let all the kids have a turn on the field?

I bet you were a great coach, free!
Lol I use to love to watch the parents of these men. A kid I knew that had sit the bench the prior year (most of the time if he did play would be the last ending and never got to bat). The second game on my team he started second base. A teams usually has 12 players and no 9 same players ever started the game. My motto was "you will pull your weight on the team, every-ones important to me". He did great! If they think the coach believes in them their confidence will soar. We won the division that year.
Coaches today, its hard for me to watch a child sit the bench every game. This is little-league not the pro's.

I may have to come out of retirement.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Lol I use to love to watch the parents of these men. A kid I knew that had sit the bench the prior year (most of the time if he did play would be the last ending and never got to bat). The second game on my team he started second base. A teams usually has 12 players and no 9 same players ever started the game. My motto was "you will pull your weight on the team, every-ones important to me". He did great! If they think the coach believes in them their confidence will soar. We won the division that year.
Coaches today, its hard for me to watch a child sit the bench every game. This is little-league not the pro's.

I may have to come out of retirement.

I really think you should. You sound like an awesome coach :)

Reactions: freecell