Radio caller: "I would vote for Charles Manson over Obama". Bachmann: "Thank you".

Jun 2011
N/A
No shit.

Yepp, another totally batshit crazy Bachmann moment, only as she can present it, in living color.

From Huffpo:

"Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) thanked an Iowa radio show listener who said he'd rather vote for Charles Manson than President Barack Obama.

Bachmann appeared on Des Moines-based WHO Radio with Simon Conway, a conservative radio show, on September 26 for an interview and to take questions from listeners. One caller told Bachmann that he had attended several rallies and thanked her for signing a t-shirt. After the host asked him to ask a question, he said that the president was a "walking nightmare" who was "blowing up our country."

"I would vote for Charles Manson before this guy," he said. "But I’m pulling for you big time, all the way, go Michele!"
"Thank you for saying that," she replied."

Stop right there. Huffpo made a mistake here - the caller is a woman, not a man. Her name is Donna, but her voice is low, kind of like a bulldog, you know....

I can't get the video (it is actually just audio) to port over to PH, so you need to link over to HuffPo and listen there.

The conversation with "Donna" begins at 03:39 into the video/audio and the famous Manson statement comes at 04:26. Michele thanks her at 04:32. Don't miss all the fun!

There is also more to read in the article at Huffpo.

OY! First Gacy, then Manson. IGIT!!!
Does Michele Bachmann have a thing for murderers, or what?

Reactions: Stefan Bandera
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
No shit.

Yepp, another totally batshit crazy Bachmann moment, only as she can present it, in living color.

From Huffpo:

"Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) thanked an Iowa radio show listener who said he'd rather vote for Charles Manson than President Barack Obama.

Bachmann appeared on Des Moines-based WHO Radio with Simon Conway, a conservative radio show, on September 26 for an interview and to take questions from listeners. One caller told Bachmann that he had attended several rallies and thanked her for signing a t-shirt. After the host asked him to ask a question, he said that the president was a "walking nightmare" who was "blowing up our country."

"I would vote for Charles Manson before this guy," he said. "But I’m pulling for you big time, all the way, go Michele!"

Stop right there. Huffpo made a mistake here - the caller is a woman, not a man. Her name is Donna, but her voice is low, kind of like a bulldog, you know....

I can't get the video (it is actually just audio) to port over to PH, so you need to link over to HuffPo and listen there.

The conversation with "Donna" begins at 03:39 into the video/audio and the famous Manson statement comes at 04:26. Michele thanks her at 04:32. Don't miss all the fun!

There is also more to read in the article at Huffpo.

OY! First Gacy, then Manson. IGIT!!!
Does Michele Bachmann have a thing for murderers, or what?
I just fucking LOVE it. there is no need to bash her, no need to spread lies or vicious rumors, no need for dirty tricks. All you have to do to prove the woman a complete idiot is to accurately report and expose what she says. What could be easier?

Feb 2011
happyfunville
"I would vote for Charles Manson before this guy," he said. "But I’m pulling for you big time, all the way, go Michele!"[/COLOR]

Really? Was bachmann's thanks immediately after the Manson comment or the comment about "pulling for you big time, all the way"?
I'm not even a Bachmann fan, but you're really stretching here.

Reactions: wingrider and Chief

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Mordent is right. I'm no Bachman supporter... but she didn't thank the caller for saying that he'd vote for Manson before voting for Obama... She thanked him for saying that he supported her. This thread is unfairly criticizing Bachman.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Really? Was bachmann's thanks immediately after the Manson comment or the comment about "pulling for you big time, all the way"?
I can see your point, and it's a valid one. BUT, a smart politicians would have said "well, I appreciate your supporting me".

Reactions: Stefan Bandera
Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
I do not think that it matters how many seconds the thanks came after the comments. The act the the shit person caller made a comment such as rather vote for Manson just shows that the called was a peice a human shit and I would not have thanked the piece of shit since I have a policy of not acknowledging a piece od shit when a piece of shit speaks.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
I do not think that it matters how many seconds the thanks came after the comments. The act the the shit person caller made a comment such as rather vote for Manson just shows that the called was a peice a human shit and I would not have thanked the piece of shit since I have a policy of not acknowledging a piece od shit when a piece of shit speaks.
Thats a lot of shit!

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I don't hold it against her for staying cordial with someone, particularly with her needing every vote.

Bachman has given plenty of reasons to legitimately criticize, may as well keep it real.

Reactions: Mordent
Apr 2011
Under your skin
I don't hold it against her for staying cordial with someone, particularly with her needing every vote.

Bachman has given plenty of reasons to legitimately criticize, may as well keep it real.
She may have been erring on the side of caution with someone who might have been looney tunes. I am sure it has happened to other people that when someone says something you don't necessarily agree with, you just say "Thank you" and move on.