Raise Your Hands If You've Read the (Alleged) Entire Trump Transcript (All 5 Pages). Who Believes That Call Really Lasted 30 Minutes?

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
Holy Conspiracy Theory, Batman..

Just read the entire transcript (allegedly) of the Trump call to Ukraine puppet boy, all 5 pages, in large font, in about 3 minutes. I looked at the pdf more closely and noticed this "complete transcript" of the phone call claimed the call lasted 30 minutes, from 9:03 pm to 9:33 pm. How in the wide wide world of sports would it take even two members of the Slow Talkers of America to say so few words in 30 minutes? Something fishy is going on around here, probably the official note-taker, a Pisces, working for scale.

Unclassified09.2019.pdf

May 2019
West Haven
Holy Conspiracy Theory, Batman..

Just read the entire transcript (allegedly) of the Trump call to Ukraine puppet boy, all 5 pages, in large font, in about 3 minutes. I looked at the pdf more closely and noticed this "complete transcript" of the phone call claimed the call lasted 30 minutes, from 9:03 pm to 9:33 pm. How in the wide wide world of sports would it take even two members of the Slow Talkers of America to say so few words in 30 minutes? Something fishy is going on around here, probably the official note-taker, a Pisces, working for scale.

Unclassified09.2019.pdf
Here is the key: The transcript, in keeping with White House practice, is a memorandum of a telephone conversation and is not a verbatim account of the conversation. The text reflects the notes and memories of officials in the Situation Room. A disclaimer in the transcript warns that a number of factors “can affect the accuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent.”

In other words it doesn't mean a damned thing.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Tend to agree with you. I read it pretty quickly as well

Which is why we need to see that actual Whistleblower complaint.

It's not like this administration has never "omitted" things to benefit them before.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Here is the key: The transcript, in keeping with White House practice, is a memorandum of a telephone conversation and is not a verbatim account of the conversation. The text reflects the notes and memories of officials in the Situation Room. A disclaimer in the transcript warns that a number of factors “can affect the accuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent.”

I would not go that far, but pretty clear the entire covo was not released

Sep 2019
dfw, texas

are you using that as an excuse for trump? can you read? did you read the alleged entire transcript, all 5 pages? even if it is not 100% accurate due to poor electronic connections and variations in accents, do you really think it took 30 minutes for those two clowns to say so few words? maybe variations in accents might cost a few minutes, so it should have taken maybe 10 minutes, tops, to say all those words shown. not 30. that means some of the text must be missing, if you are playing along at home. it is what Sherlock Holmes used to call a "clue." You need to get one, and then post.

Reactions: Friday13
Jan 2014
California
Mr. Jim,

Sounds about right, considering the pre-discussion logistics that went into it, then pauses for translations back and forth, then the post discussion logistics. I mean, I agree, it was probably 20 to 25 minutes, rounded up to half an hour.

May 2019
West Haven
are you using that as an excuse for trump? can you read? did you read the alleged entire transcript, all 5 pages? even if it is not 100% accurate due to poor electronic connections and variations in accents, do you really think it took 30 minutes for those two clowns to say so few words? maybe variations in accents might cost a few minutes, so it should have taken maybe 10 minutes, tops, to say all those words shown. not 30. that means some of the text must be missing, if you are playing along at home. it is what Sherlock Holmes used to call a "clue." You need to get one, and then post.
What I'm telling you is, due to the disclaimer there is no way to verify that even one word of the "transcript" is correct.

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
Mr. Jim,

Sounds about right, considering the pre-discussion logistics that went into it, then pauses for translations back and forth, then the post discussion logistics. I mean, I agree, it was probably 20 to 25 minutes, rounded up to half an hour.
if you are a slow talker. how long did it take you to read it? about the same? that might be your problem. and what does the word salad "pre-discussion logistics" mean? do you even have a clue? why would the phone call include any "pre-discussion logistics," whatever that might mean? and have you heard trump and a foreign leader having a televised talk? the translations are given in their ear in real time, more or less. it only adds a few minutes, at most. try again to defend trump. this last effort by you was so lame.

Jan 2014
California
if you are a slow talker. how long did it take you to read it? about the same? that might be your problem.
Mr. Jim,

Our President doesn't speak Ukrainian, and their President doesn't speak English. So triple the time to do the translations.

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
What I'm telling you is, due to the disclaimer there is no way to verify that even one word of the "transcript" is correct.
no, that is really not what the disclaimer is saying..it said the conversation might not be 100% accurate due to variations in dialect and accent, not that it has no connection to what was really said.