Rashida Tlaib Slammed by House GOP Over Comments on Holocaust, Palestinians

Sep 2013
On a hill
Maybe she was referring to this

1929 Hebron massacre, Arabs shelter Jews
One estimate puts the number of survivors who were saved in this way as two thirds of the community.[44] Another states that half were thus rescued, with 28 Arab homes offering sanctuary.[45]The original lists underwritten by rabbis Meir and Slonim attested to 19 rescuer families, which is believed to underestimate the number. Modern historical figures vary.[46]

1929 Hebron massacre - Wikipedia

Sep 2013
On a hill
The memory of their deaths does; yes. Have you ever been to one of the concentration camps? Probably not - the locations aren't exactly convenient. But have you ever been to a Holocaust museum? There are several of them in the United States; I've been to such museums in Philadelphia, New York, and Washington D.C.

And yes - the exhibits and testimonies tend to evoke a sense of calm and reflection. At least one of the museums (I forget which one I'm thinking of) has a room specifically for calm reflection.
If certain posters here are representative of conservatives, they aren't given to reflection.

Sep 2013
On a hill
No .....

I don't.

And, neither does anyone else.

A calming feeling will never be a normal reaction to thinking about the genocide of over 6 million people.

PERIOD !!
The calming feeling was inspired by thinking about the Palestinians that provided shelter for their Jewish neighbors under attack.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Lots of folks here support this kind of Anti-Semitic rhetoric from the Democrat Party.

I never said you were alone.
You said, "No one in reality believes that was a benign statement."

I believe her statement was benign. (Is english your native language?)

In this case, the antisemitism is in the eye of the beholder.

I asked you a question, and I would appreciate an answer - what is your end game? What do you hope to gain by ginning up hate for muslims?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
In this case, the antisemitism is in the eye of the beholder.

I asked you a question, and I would appreciate an answer - what is your end game? What do you hope to gain by ginning up hate for muslims?
Yeah ....

It's in the eye of the beholder alright.

Just read the current events in the news.

And, I am discussing current events.

I don't have an end game.

That's a really dumb question and the very reason I am ignoring it.