Rashida Tlaib Slammed by House GOP Over Comments on Holocaust, Palestinians

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
“Rashida Tlaib is either completely ignorant of the history or is a deliberate liar,” charged Prof. Benny Morris, one of the leading scholars of British Mandatory Palestine, the creation of the State of Israel in 1948 and the War of Independence in 1948-1949
Palestinian historian Dr. Adel Manna, a senior research fellow at the Van Leer Jerusalem Institute, expressed bewilderment when asked about Tlaib’s “safe haven” reference.
“I don’t know what she meant,” Manna said.
Israeli historian and writer Tom Segev also said he was confused by Tlaib’s “safe haven” description.
“I have never heard anybody say that before,” he told Haaretz. “I really can’t imagine that any Palestinian shares that noble sentiment” of being calmed at the notion of a Jewish “safe haven” being created with such a high price.
'Safe haven'? What Israeli, Palestinian scholars think about Rashida Tlaib’s Holocaust comments
Even the left leaning historians in this article couldn't defend Tlaib's statements on it's merits.
Antisemitism is built around historical inaccuracy. From claiming Jews were responsible for the Crucifixion to Holocaust denial. Anti-semites traffic in lies. We cannot allow people to revise history when talking about the Jews.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Maybe because I listened to her remark in context.
No, her "context" is what you wish to believe. Trump supporters use the "context" excuse all the time. What she said was stupid and insensitive, as usual. Rashida is just like Trump. There is no difference. If you howl when Trump says his bigoted shit but coddle this one, it is hypocrisy. We also refer to Trump supporters as bigots because they support him...same goes for Rashida. Also, why are our politicians giving interviews for a organization like "Skullduggery" WTF. She is also getting called out for her stupidity....she has her history wrong and intentionally misled her audience.

Rashida Tlaib Has Her History Wrong

I worked in a Jewish hospital for several years. I took care of people with tats from the concentration camps. There is nothing "calming" about watching a Holocaust survivor fight for her life with ulcerative breast cancer...which is very aggressive and was common among Holocaust survivors. They were medically experimented on and developed the most extreme cases of cancer I have ever witnessed.

Mar 2019
California
No, her "context" is what you wish to believe. Trump supporters use the "context" excuse all the time. What she said was stupid and insensitive, as usual. Rashida is just like Trump. There is no difference. If you howl when Trump says his bigoted shit but coddle this one, it is hypocrisy. We also refer to Trump supporters as bigots because they support him...same goes for Rashida. Also, why are our politicians giving interviews for a organization like "Skullduggery" WTF. She is also getting called out for her stupidity....she has her history wrong and intentionally misled her audience.

Rashida Tlaib Has Her History Wrong

I worked in a Jewish hospital for several years. I took care of people with tats from the concentration camps. There is nothing "calming" about watching a Holocaust survivor fight for her life with ulcerative breast cancer...which is very aggressive and was common among Holocaust survivors. They were medically experimented on and developed the most extreme cases of cancer I have ever witnessed.
What is really egregious is how the terrorist Yasser Arafat made up a false History of that region. Which the Jews have inhabited for 3000 years. There is no "Palistine" in the Bible. Or in Hebrew records. The only word about it was Hadrian having a hissy fit and mis-calling the land after an ancient enemy of Israel. Why the Brits chose this name is a mystery as well as an outrage. The killers who CALL themselves "Palistinians" were in league with Hitler. Talib is parroting a false history. SHE should be impeached.

Sep 2013
On a hill
What is really egregious is how the terrorist Yasser Arafat made up a false History of that region. Which the Jews have inhabited for 3000 years. There is no "Palistine" in the Bible. Or in Hebrew records. The only word about it was Hadrian having a hissy fit and mis-calling the land after an ancient enemy of Israel. Why the Brits chose this name is a mystery as well as an outrage. The killers who CALL themselves "Palistinians" were in league with Hitler. Talib is parroting a false history. SHE should be impeached.
Joel 3:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Joel 3:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head
Actually, it's Yoel 4:4, not 3:4. And it says: "And also, what are you to Me, Tyre and Sidon and all the regions of Philistia? Are you paying Me recompense? And if you are recompensing Me, I will swiftly return your recompense upon your head."

Of course, the name "Palestine" came from a verson of the word Philistia, and was first applied by the Romans in an attempt to sever the Jews' connection to the land. And those called "Palestinians" today, including Tlaib, apply it for the same reason today.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Actually, it's Yoel 4:4, not 3:4. And it says: "And also, what are you to Me, Tyre and Sidon and all the regions of Philistia? Are you paying Me recompense? And if you are recompensing Me, I will swiftly return your recompense upon your head."

Of course, the name "Palestine" came from a verson of the word Philistia, and was first applied by the Romans in an attempt to sever the Jews' connection to the land. And those called "Palestinians" today, including Tlaib, apply it for the same reason today.
I'm sure there are differences between the Hebrew, and Christian Bibles.

Mar 2019
California

Caesar Hadrian,to be exact. After a rebellion.It was an insult to the LEGAL inhabitants of Judea ,Israel ,Galilee ,and Samnia. "Philistine " was a Hebrew word for Invader. The "Philistines" were defeated by the Hebrews and Annihilated by Sargon 2 of Assyria. These Arabs have no claim to that land.