Reading the Mueller Report

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I've admittedly fallen behind on holding up my end of this thread (but "thanks y'all!" for that) as well as making any significant progress in the task I set out for myself in the OP.

Part of that is, well, life.

The other part was that I only had a copy of the report in PDF format, which was a total PITA to read on my iPad; every page needed to be individually resized in order to be readable....which, let me tell you, really broke up the flow. This constant annoyance has really been getting to me lately, and I started wondering if the report was available in a different, more compatible format.

I'm happy to report that progress has been made on that front, as I've discovered today the Digital Public Library of America (an organization I know nothing about) has published what looks like an easily readable, downloadable epub version, free of charge.

Mueller Report | DPLA **

You are all most welcome.

** Note to moderators: I'm not sure if this violates any site rules or not. But if it does, please edit as necessary. Thank you.

Loaded the .epub file on both my iPhone and iPad, and it reads great.

Strongly recommended to anyone struggling with the PDF.

Mueller Report | DPLA

Nov 2014
TN
:rolleyes:

Imma gonna leave that right there.

And laugh at it.

LOL.

Actually prosicutors speak in one language, Indict (evidence of a crime) not indict (no evidence of a crime)..

Mueller said there was no evidence of a crime. he explained why he searched for evidnce... then said No, crime found. After 2 1/2 years and 30,000,000 dollars spent.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Great debate technique.

Can I help it if you spew preposterous garbage that I find funny as hell?

Actually prosicutors speak in one language, Indict (evidence of a crime) not indict (no evidence of a crime)..

Mueller said there was no evidence of a crime. he explained why he searched for evidnce... then said No, crime found. After 2 1/2 years and 30,000,000 dollars spent.

Look up "Special Counsel" and report back to us when you have a clue.

Jul 2014
CA

Yeah, sure thing

This has only been posted here like 100 times already

Date of Issuance:
Monday, October 16, 2000
Headnotes:
The indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unconstitutionally undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions

A Sitting President’s Amenability to Indictment and Criminal Prosecution

Mar 2019
California
Mar 2007
Can I help it if you spew preposterous garbage that I find funny as hell?
Look up "Special Counsel" and report back to us when you have a clue.
See if you can find any counseling going on here. Looks like indictments to me. This particular NPR reporter used counsel and prosecutor as equivalent terms.

Potent But Unpredictable: How Special Counsels Have Posed A Special Threat

Mueller's operation has had a hand in more than 30 indictments and obtained a remarkable number of guilty pleas. It also has spun out a number of other investigations that could wear on long after his report is filed.
In fact, perhaps the very first president to appoint a special counsel wound up firing him when the investigation got too close to the White House itself. That was in 1875, when President Ulysses S. Grant named a special prosecutor to investigate a ring of corrupt officials in the Midwest.
During James Garfield's presidency, a special prosecutor looked into corruption in the Post Office, a probe that lasted several years
Almost three decades later, President Harry Truman was pressured to name a special prosecutor to answer questions raised about corruption in the IRS
During his 1973 confirmation hearing to be attorney general, Elliot Richardson promised to appoint a special prosecutor to see what Watergate was all about. That special prosecutor, law professor Archibald Cox, was soon learning a great deal about Watergate and issuing a subpoena for the tape recordings Nixon had made of his Oval Office conversations.
The so-called Iran-Contra scheme prompted a protracted congressional investigation, which complicated and hindered the work of an independent counsel named Lawrence Walsh. A former federal judge and deputy attorney general under President Eisenhower, Walsh would eventually indict the former Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger, former national security adviser John Poindexter and National Security Council staffer Oliver North.
In 1994, under what became a hyper-partisan battle, a panel of three judges on the U.S. Appeals Court for the District of Columbia named a new independent counsel. The judges picked Kenneth Starr, a former judge and Bush administration solicitor general, to take over Fiske's investigation.
Independent counsels are allowed to pursue criminal matters they discover in the course of carrying out their original mandate