Real Reason Firearm Sales are Booming

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Most anti-gun 'studies' claim a decrease in firearm prevalence which is opposite to reality and what the data shows.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/07/01/the-real-reason-gun-sales-are-booming-its-not-what.aspx
In 2015, the NSSF found females to be one of the fastest-growing groups in the sport as women involved in target shooting grew from 3.3 million to 5.3 million between 2001 and 2013. The National Rifle Association also said the number of women owning firearms jumped 77% between 2004 and 2011.

A recent National Shooting Sports Foundation's (NSSF) research report shows there is a huge influx of people coming into shooting for sport. The number of individuals participating in target shooting surged to 49.4 million people in 2016, a 44% increase from the 34.4 million that participated back in 2009.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Most anti-gun 'studies' claim a decrease in firearm prevalence which is opposite to reality and what the data shows.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/07/01/the-real-reason-gun-sales-are-booming-its-not-what.aspx
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a6ed597e4ca_story.html?utm_term=.4294e77796c0

Sales of guns and ammunition in the United States have dropped precipitously since Election Day, according to FBI statistics, trade groups, gun shop owners and corporate reports
Fake news? To what purpose?

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Oct 2013
USA

Well the good news if this is true (and I seriously doubt it is true) is that women may now shoot their spouses first before they shoot them. Sadly it is just one more gun laying around that their children can shoot one another with. The violent households in America are that household's business imo. They are killing one another more than they are harming strangers.

Jul 2013
Ohio
Firearm sales are NOT booming.

I just read in my newspaper this morning:

Local gun sales post drop off
Activity mirrors national trend after Trump's presidential win, but industry not alarmed

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
The real reason is stoking paranoia among the mostly old white rightist third of the USA who already own half the civilian guns in the world.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Well the good news if this is true (and I seriously doubt it is true) is that women may now shoot their spouses first before they shoot them. Sadly it is just one more gun laying around that their children can shoot one another with. The violent households in America are that household's business imo. They are killing one another more than they are harming strangers.
I don't think that women are buying and learning to use guns is a result of preparing to shoot someone. My female friends and I all bought ours about 2 years ago, took the safety classes and go to the range because we are bored. There was really nothing left to do after years of exercise classes, shopping, cooking classes, and bars get old after awhile. At our favorite range, Thursday is ladies night and Friday is date night. LOL A couple of them have their CC. None of us have ever expressed the fact we would be violent with them. I think of mine as sporting equipment and don't even keep it in the house. It is never loaded unless I am using it at the range.

Oct 2013
USA
I don't think that women are buying and learning to use guns is a result of preparing to shoot someone. My female friends and I all bought ours about 2 years ago, took the safety classes and go to the range because we are bored. There was really nothing left to do after years of exercise classes, shopping, cooking classes, and bars get old after awhile. At our favorite range, Thursday is ladies night and Friday is date night. LOL A couple of them have their CC. None of us have ever expressed the fact we would be violent with them. I think of mine as sporting equipment and don't even keep it in the house. It is never loaded unless I am using it at the range.
The numbers of spouses killed by spouses are in conflict with expectations. Unfortunately future victims of violence by family members don't think about it when they arm themselves. In any case I would be surprised if people are racing out to buy guns in great numbers as the black President is no longer in office.

What is in conflict with my respect for most women is that white women voted for Trump. In the end we will only get the respect we earn and with that result in the last election I am not sure the respect was ever earned if that group of white women themselves don't respect themselves and buy into the demeaning of women and they start buying into the worse traits of some men. Either way it is hit or miss whether women arming themselves results in getting shot by their spouse with their own gun or their spouses in these kinds of households. Or perhaps they think they can save themselves...