Realistic Solution to “Background Check” and guns

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
It's not really feasible to enforce such a limit on gun sales. Nor is it feasible to blacklist everyone who should not be allowed the right of gun ownership. At least, not prior to them having committed a violent gun related crime.
Why? Do you drive a car? You screw up driving a car, lose your license. Screw up with a gun, lose your license.

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
I bet a couple mass shootings every day might make it feasible.
On the first anniversary of the mass murder of 17 IDs? They didn't care then and they don't care now.

They're more concerned about a gang of Catholic brats who freaked out over an old brown man.

Nov 2008
Washington state
So I’ve wondered off and on why we don’t require those who cannot legally purchase a firearm to have this notated on their state issued ID. If someone cannot be trusted with a firearm, they cannot be trusted in general society. If someone cannot grasp that murder is not ok? They don’t belong in civilized society. No background check is required by private sellers. Cops also don’t need to run one. If they catch someone with them? Or if someone is caught trying to buy with a state ID (driver’s license or ID card) that shows their rights are revoked? Boom. Prosecution. Easy peasy.

Can someone please let me know why this is not an acceptable process?
When you go to buy a gun they use your license to run a background check. Probably the reason they don’t have revoked on licenses, is sometimes a person could be charged with a smaller violation that would prevent them from possessing a gun for a term, like a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2008
Washington state
Probably one of the dumbest posts I've ever read. What about the idiots who bought guns at gun shows, private sales, and elsewhere where a background check didn't happen?

Background checks should occur with every gun purchase and upon renewal of driver's licenses, state ID's, etc. Selling guns without a state issued license to do so and failing to conduct background checks on purchasers should be a felony offense.
The state where I live requires background checks at gun shows. More states are required by law to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk