Release of The Hunt cancelled – for now

Nov 2013
NY
ptif219 started this thread. I have no clue as to why after reading your reply.
:cool:
Yeah.. it IS kind of weird... but then, to be expected, given the OP.
And no one knows what ptif is actually outraged about..

Is it the idea of the movie ?
Is it the cancelling of the movie ?

And I cannot at all figure out where this "liberal / conservatives / deplorables BS is actually coming from..
It's sure not from the actual movie description of Universal:

Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don’t know where they are, or how they got there. They don’t know they’ve been chosen … for a very specific purpose … The Hunt.
In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites’ master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters’ game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar® winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.

So I would assume some bored Trumpsters came up with a story of their own, which they spread in the usual forums, where ptif picked it up..
Nothing worthy of a comment, in hindsight.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
None of us have seen the movie but I'm having a hard time imagining Hollywood producing anything that makes Trump supporters even remotely sympathetic. Movies do have villain protagonists sometimes, like Natural Born Killers.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
You guys are accusing people aboit this movie, you also say trump incites violence.
The only one making accusations about this movie are conservative conspiracy nutters, and Trump who repeated them. Did you read the OP?

It's conservatives who see getting a movie canned as a victory. They're probably the ones who "freaked out" about the movie, wouldn't you say?

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
None of us have seen the movie but I'm having a hard time imagining Hollywood producing anything that makes Trump supporters even remotely sympathetic. Movies do have villain protagonists sometimes, like Natural Born Killers.
I'll take that bet. I havent' seen the movie either but I can't think of any movie trope more reliable than soulless rich people praying on regular folk who ban together and fight back, and win. Although I'll say I kind of doubt that the movie mentions Trump, or even conservatism specifically, other than the mocking of generic rednecks by the villainous rich people.

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
The only one making accusations about this movie are conservative conspiracy nutters, and Trump who repeated them. Did you read the OP?

It's conservatives who see getting a movie canned as a victory. They're probably the ones who "freaked out" about the movie, wouldn't you say?

So movies dont influence people but presidents do.... got it.