Relic thought to be from Jesus' manger arrives in Bethlehem

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Relic thought to be from Jesus' manger arrives in Bethlehem
A wooden structure that Christians believe was part of the manger where Jesus was born was sent by St. Sophronius, the patriarch of Jerusalem, to Pope Theodore I in the 640s.
By The Associated Press

"BETHLEHEM, West Bank — A tiny wooden relic that some Christians believe to be part of Jesus' manger arrived Saturday in its permanent home in the biblical city of Bethlehem 1,400 years after it was sent to Rome as a gift to the pope."
"Sheathed in an ornate case, cheerful crowds greeted the relic with much fanfare before it entered the Franciscan Church of St. Catherine next to the Church of the Nativity, the West Bank holy site where tradition says Jesus was born."
"A wooden structure that Christians believe was part of the manger where Jesus was born was sent by St. Sophronius, the patriarch of Jerusalem, to Pope Theodore I in the 640s, around the time of the Muslim conquest of the Holy Land."

########################################################################
This is a most significant finding! Such a sacred relic is so wonderful at a time of such turmoil in that region and is most welcomed especially so close to Christmas the time of Jesus Christ's birth. I believe there will be more such findings as Jesus prompts us to turn from sin and toward Him more and more. May God bless each and every person that Believes, Is Saved, and has become a Born Again Christian.

Reactions: BoiseBo and The Man
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Yet another "gift" to humanity from the Roman Catholic Church: magical, mystical objects with amorphous "fairy dust" powers.

This religion has more fetishes than Carter has pills.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Here's a little more information about the Holy Relic from another source.

Vatican returns relic from Jesus’ manger to Holy Land
Joseph Krauss
ASSOCIATED PRESS

"On Saturday, it will be sent to its permanent home at the Franciscan Church of St. Catherine, next to the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, the West Bank holy site where tradition says Jesus was born. Its arrival will coincide with Advent, a four-week period leading up to Christmas. Christian tradition holds that Joseph and Mary traveled to Bethlehem to register for the Roman census and found no room at the inn, forcing her to give birth to Jesus in a manger where animals were held. The idea that the son of God was born in humble surroundings is central to Christian theology."
"Yisca Harani, an Israeli expert on Christianity, said many relics were relocated from the Holy Land in the Middle Ages as Rome and other cities were establishing themselves as centers of Christian life and pilgrimage. A relic from the manger would have been particularly useful for dispelling heresies holding that Jesus was more of a spiritual than a physical being."
“It gives us the security that Jesus is not only a story,” he said. “Jesus was born in Bethlehem, the son of God became man in a land, in a certain period, in a certain people. So this is proof for us.”

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
I have Tim Curry's original thong from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Bought on Ebay with full guarantee.
That was totally disrespectful and a shameful thing to say in a great thread that is totally being serious about this important matter concerning Jesus Christ's relic. If you are not a believer, as apparently you show that you are not, then some things like your comment is better left unsaid as it only shows that atheists and other non-believers always take the low road each time they speak to Christian matters which is sad and can of course be totally avoidable in order to show some respect to those who are believers.

Reactions: jacobfitcher
Mar 2019
TN
I have a bridge in New York, some beachfront property in Kansas and a couple of mountain chalets overlooking Miami, I really need to move off my books. Make someone a hell of a deal one or all !!