Relic thought to be from Jesus' manger arrives in Bethlehem

Sep 2016
My own world
Find a piece of wood that is 2000 years old and claim that it is part of something, the manger, the cross, the last supper table you name it. Who's going to prove it's not? And how would they prove its not if the age lines up?

Reactions: DemoWhip
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
When you call non-believers "heathens" you are forfeiting the moral high-ground.

Jesus would have absolutely hated that and called you out for it.
Non-Believers are called just what they are. I realize you have a problem with that but there can be no sugar-coating of that fact such as to make them more aligned to God which they certainly are not.

Quite to the contrary, Jesus would be most happy to learn that I tell it like it is instead of being less than truthful about what Non-Believers stand for which is certainly not for God as any Non-Believer or heathen can tell you. A heathen does not believe in the Biblical God. Period. End of story.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Humans made themselves? No, they evolved many times to be who they are and life didn't magically appear.

if you recreate the early elements of the earth, (methane, carbon, etc) and shoot electrical current through it (lightning) amino acids (the building blocks of protein) begin to form. It's not that much of a stretch to imagine a chance combination of atoms that would begin to string together proteins.

Your explanation does not account for who created God or why god created man. At least I have since on my side.

...And you can call me whatever you want, I refuse to stoop to your level. If you prefer "Christian," than Christian it is.
That is the atheistic point of view that you espouse on how humans were created. Christians and many others cannot sustain that viewpoint.

You must stop to realize that the early elements of the earth did not create themselves. It is obvious that God created all in Heaven and Earth.

As for who created God, God has always been in existence. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. God created man out of His love for us so that we may live and hopefully serve Him and do good unto others through our love.

You of course may believe as you wish but I believe in the truth as has been espoused by millions on Earth since time immemorial. The Bible clearly shows and tells us the story about God and what He stands for. Period. End of story.

Reactions: Kallie Knoetze
Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Non-Believers are called just what they are. I realize you have a problem with that but there can be no sugar-coating of that fact such as to make them more aligned to God which they certainly are not.

Quite to the contrary, Jesus would be most happy to learn that I tell it like it is instead of being less than truthful about what Non-Believers stand for which is certainly not for God as any Non-Believer or heathen can tell you. A heathen does not believe in the Biblical God. Period. End of story.
This displays a lot of my problem with Xians. They look down on anyone not as foolish as they are and pretend to have some inside info (that doesn’t exist) and judge others. I do believe that book you thump incessantly says something about judging others.

Reactions: Friday13
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
This displays a lot of my problem with Xians. They look down on anyone not as foolish as they are and pretend to have some inside info (that doesn’t exist) and judge others. I do believe that book you thump incessantly says something about judging others.
There is absolutely nothing foolish in believing in God. It is an esteemed honor and a blessing to be able to do that from the heart. I do feel that those who do not believe in God have been grossly misled down the wrong path and will eventually find out the price of their non-belief. There is no judgment in that as it is speaking of that which is Biblical. It is the Gospel truth that you simply refuse to believe and are in constant denial about.

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
There is absolutely nothing foolish in believing in God. It is an esteemed honor and a blessing to be able to do that from the heart. I do feel that those who do not believe in God have been grossly misled down the wrong path and will eventually find out the price of their non-belief. There is no judgment in that as it is speaking of that which is Biblical. It is the Gospel truth that you simply refuse to believe and are in constant denial about.
There is a lot of foolishness in xianity. I don’t agree with the use of the word “refuse”. That makes it sound like there is something to believe in yet I’m rejecting it. That isn’t the case. A better way to say it is I don’t believe in that bullshit. It doesn’t exist, so why would I bother believing in it?

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
There is a lot of foolishness in xianity. I don’t agree with the use of the word “refuse”. That makes it sound like there is something to believe in yet I’m rejecting it. That isn’t the case. A better way to say it is I don’t believe in that bullshit. It doesn’t exist, so why would I bother believing in it?
Like I have said, to Believe is entirely on you as well as to not believe. But it is a fact that we do not remain here on this Earth or on this plane of existence forever and that we go on to our appointed place at the time of our physical passing, death, if you wish to call it that. But if you do not believe in that either then again that is your choice but you will have a rude awakening when the time comes. Of course I am speaking about Salvation, something you apparently do not care about for yourself enough to obtain it now while you still can. Later on when you pass away it will be too late to change your mind and that is why Christians try to stress that to those who are still hesitant to believe. Many atheists who were dead set on not Believing have come to the great realization that there IS a God after all through some personal experiences they have had. Some have even gone on to become Christian ministers.Those that prefer to distance themselves from God will obviously find that He will distance Himself from them as well when they pass on. But remember that the Afterlife is eternal and a Non-Believer cannot have it both ways. They must accept the fact of either going to be with God for eternity or relegating themselves, by refusing to be with God, to a dark realm devoid of all light and love for eternity through their Non-Belief. Again, it is entirely their choice in the matter. But why risk that when you now have the chance to change that way of thinking?

Jan 2014
California
Weird... Can you find any pre-2000 articles that mention this particular relic?
Mr. Djinn,

"(the) part of the manger where Jesus was born was sent by St. Sophronius, the patriarch of Jerusalem, to Pope Theodore I in the 640s."