Religion Hyperbole & Myths

Jan 2019
Tempe, AZ
Kindly post examples you come across, and/or respond to posts of others' examples. :D

I thought of one:

Regarding the tune that goes "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord...": OK, if there literally have been eyes that have actually witnessed such events, then there HAS TO BE photographs & videos of the same! I mean, there are thousands of photos/videos of UFOs, so it is inconceivable that there are NONE, OK?

One would have to conclude that such events NEVER really happened, eh? :eek:

Apr 2012
East coast USA
Religion is man made and so is God. One could say it’s mans first real wrong answer. Can any blame ? No but we can smarten up after 3000 years and admit we are 100s of thousands years old.
Religion came and went in the old world, then writing became available. Now we are stuck with religion written at dawn of written word.
Who cares ? I do because too fucking many don’t educate themselves in fact contrary to religious writing.

Apr 2018
Northern end of Lake Erie
Won't they be surprised when they find themselves standing before God and giving an account as to why they rejected His plan of Salvation.

Apr 2012
East coast USA
One speaks as if one knows the rules and mind of a entity that’s not there. Which religion is the correct one and was one born into correct religion.
It’s so laughable, the books are worthless, the thousands of previous religions just as worthless but just as true. Your proof is no more true than a Hindu or a Jainist.

Apr 2018
Ever hear of the cycle of life? Get ready to become dust...
My soul is eternal and my destiny is secured through Christ's shed blood on the Cross. When the resurrection of the dead occurs, then I, as a disciple of Christ will receive a body that is uncorrupted by sin. Those that reject Him shall be resurrected into Judgement.

Apr 2018
One speaks as if one knows the rules and mind of a entity that’s not there. Which religion is the correct one and was one born into correct religion.
It’s so laughable, the books are worthless, the thousands of previous religions just as worthless but just as true. Your proof is no more true than a Hindu or a Jainist.
Question is can you prove the empty tomb, more than 500 witnesses, and the incredible fulfillment of Hebrew prophecy before our very eyes? I can.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
My soul is eternal and my destiny is secured through Christ's shed blood on the Cross. When the resurrection of the dead occurs, then I, as a disciple of Christ will receive a body that is uncorrupted by sin. Those that reject Him shall be resurrected into Judgement.
Nice mythology you have there. I choose to believe that Odin is sitting on his Throne in Midgard and will send his Valkyries down to haul my dead ass into Valhalla. We each have the exact same amount of proof that our beliefs are correct.