Religion Hyperbole & Myths

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
It’s all recorded by Mathew
Your "New Testament" cannot tell you anything about Judaism or the moshiach.
You said the Bible is not sufficient so I gave you the Tanakh along with Hebrew.
That is not what I said. I merely stated you cannot use that translation - and that it did not matter, because it does not say what you claim in any case.

However, I did say - many times - that nothing in your "New Testament" can tell you anything about Judaism.
Now all you can do is deny what it says and claim those words don’t mean what they say...
I have never done any such thing. I deny the Tanakh says what you claim it says. Its words are utterly irrelevant to anything your religion claims.

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Did I say all Jews? I specified Pharisees, did I not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why could Ian be a Pharisee when clearly he isn't, if you weren't suggesting all Jews? And of course, this brings us back to the original point about an ad hominem attack.

Nov 2008
Washington state
And why could Ian be a Pharisee when clearly he isn't, if you weren't suggesting all Jews? And of course, this brings us back to the original point about an ad hominem attack.
He said he is.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Your "New Testament" cannot tell you anything about Judaism or the moshiach.

That is not what I said. I merely stated you cannot use that translation - and that it did not matter, because it does not say what you claim in any case.

However, I did say - many times - that nothing in your "New Testament" can tell you anything about Judaism.

I have never done any such thing. I deny the Tanakh says what you claim it says. Its words are utterly irrelevant to anything your religion claims.
The New Testament tells us what happened at the Resurrection. What the Jewish Priest did paying off the Roman Guards to lie about the Disciples stealing the body. They knew he predicted his resurrection, so they tried to hide that truth. Their scam failed and a body was never found. Why? Because he rose , as witnessed by over 500 people.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Kindly post examples you come across, and/or respond to posts of others' examples. :D

I thought of one:

Regarding the tune that goes "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord...": OK, if there literally have been eyes that have actually witnessed such events, then there HAS TO BE photographs & videos of the same! I mean, there are thousands of photos/videos of UFOs, so it is inconceivable that there are NONE, OK?

One would have to conclude that such events NEVER really happened, eh? :eek:
I got many. But let's try one:

God will judge you. Romans 2 (or 14:10-12 and 20:12-20)

There is no fact or basis in this statement that is absolutely conclusive in scripture.

For context: there is a period of time where you are able to reflect on your judgement which is where the key to the statement lies. And the statement "god will judge you" does not take into account the difference between believers and non-believers, which draws a different judgement altogether.

Furthermore there is no context in most all editions of The Bible that provide conclusive context to how the judgement would be held. Some Christians and Catholics have carefully suggested that "judgement" is not by God, but by yourself in the presence of an eternal being.

Thus I think the "God will judge you" statement is meant as a human statement, with intent to harm the status/ego/esteem of peers for purposes of control. If God is to judge me or if God is to have me judge myself in his presence, there is a vast difference when it comes to placement in the afterlife. (IE; lake of fire).

Nov 2008
Washington state
I got many. But let's try one:

God will judge you. Romans 2 (or 14:10-12 and 20:12-20)

There is no fact or basis in this statement that is absolutely conclusive in scripture.

For context: there is a period of time where you are able to reflect on your judgement which is where the key to the statement lies. And the statement "god will judge you" does not take into account the difference between believers and non-believers, which draws a different judgement altogether.

Furthermore there is no context in most all editions of The Bible that provide conclusive context to how the judgement would be held. Some Christians and Catholics have carefully suggested that "judgement" is not by God, but by yourself in the presence of an eternal being.

Thus I think the "God will judge you" statement is meant as a human statement, with intent to harm the status/ego/esteem of peers for purposes of control. If God is to judge me or if God is to have me judge myself in his presence, there is a vast difference when it comes to placement in the afterlife. (IE; lake of fire).
“But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “ As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:10-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ Romans 14:10-13 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “As I live, says the LORD, Every knee sha | New King James Version (NKJV) | Download The Bible App Now
You have to look at this in context it’s written. It’s speaking about judging each other and how we will be held accountable. Don’t put a stumbling block with others and cause them to fall for we all will stand before judgement and give accountability for our actions

Reactions: johnflesh

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
“But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “ As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:10-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ Romans 14:10-13 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “As I live, says the LORD, Every knee sha | New King James Version (NKJV) | Download The Bible App Now
You have to look at this in context it’s written. It’s speaking about judging each other and how we will be held accountable. Don’t put a stumbling block with others and cause them to fall for we all will stand before judgement and give accountability for our actions

My post was all about context aboutenough.

Is there any firm, absolute confirmation that God judges you when go before him?

There is many differing context on this but most all of them can and have been interpreted to mean God judges your heart, not you. Thus it would be reasonable to suggest that God asks you to look into yourself, judge yourself and make adjustments based on right and wrong.

My post also supports the idea that we shouldn't judge each other - which I appreciate you quoting in context - but only that we should judge ourselves in the presence of God.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Historic facts, written by Mathew the Jewish tax collector
Not facts, just your beliefs. And your "New Testament" does not set the criteria for determining whether one is the moshiach. Only the Tanakh can do that - which is what I was talking about when I said you are making claims about the meaning of the words of the Tanakh not justified in the text or context. In other words, you are just making things up, as usual.