Religion is manmade

Apr 2014
Maryland
That’s like saying , “The Twin Towers Evolved”. Where are these other planets where we can survive? This planet will pass away in a ball of flames. Didn’t Al Gore say the ice would be melted at the pole by now? Maybe he stopped flying around in his jet telling us that and delayed the meltdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was right! Educate yourself about the me,ting snow caps

Apr 2014
Maryland
If you were right no one would ever drown. I saw a guy drown that swam out to the middle of a lake in a storm. No one could get to him to save him. His brain failed him

Why didn’t he just pray?Oh wait God was probably in the middle of a football huddle

Apr 2014
Maryland
The earliest religions were animalistic.
That is easy to accept. You could say they worshipped Mother Nature but I doubt they had classes or congregation.
No God above nessasary.
We know now no god was nessasary for man to be created, just as no god above was nesasay for the three waves of life before us. Did Dinosuars need a god ?
Man created god.
This is why we have differant religions across the world.
Writing did not begin with religious writing but as arithmetic in its earliest form for trading
People can’t explain things so they create the supernatural. At least Zeus had lots of gods and they were interesting

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Of course no one bothers to watch it ... it is 1-1/2 hours long.
I read Asimov's books..

Guide to the Bible is a work by Isaac Asimov that was first published in two volumes in 1968 and 1969, covering the Old Testament and the New Testament (including the Catholic Old Testament, or deuterocanonical, books (See Catholic Bible) and the Eastern Orthodox Old Testament books, or anagignoskomena, along ...
Asimov's Guide to the Bible - Wikipedia

May 2016
california
Shouldn't that be person made? I guess Christmas brings it out but it's still a free country, believe what you want. I'd guess if you're spiritual you can appreciate the dark night sky filled with the stars and imagine the deep powers of the universe; and if you're a scientist you can look at the same sky and figure out how to count all those little points of light, long as everybody is happy with that.

Nov 2018
U.S
But people aren't born knowing they can't breathe underwater.

If God created the human brain, then God is a dumb ass designer and not an intelligent one. The human brain must constantly remind itself of information or it will forget it, and thanks to your human brain, you read and write at a second-grade level.

This logical fallacy is Special Pleading. If everything that exists, just because it exists, was created for an intended purpose by an intelligent mind, then God, which exists, must have an intelligent designer. Now you jump in and make an exception to a hypothesis that you devised by saying God, which exists, doesn't have a creator. Arguments and rational inquiry cannot tolerate contradictions.u

Your friend, Ray Comfort made that very same logical fallacy when he debated the Rational Response Squad on Nightline, and boy did he make an ass of himself on national television. You read the Holy Bible. You should read Aesop's Fables, especially the story that says "Happy are those who learn from the misfortunes of others."

Special pleading - RationalWiki
"But people aren't born knowing they can't breathe underwater."

Actually, we are born knowing this. It's instinctive. If you dunk a newborn underwater, they hold their breath.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Why didn’t he just pray?Oh wait God was probably in the middle of a football huddle
At some point the brain tells a person don’t swim a hundred yards off shore in a 50mph windstorm. May lose energy and breathing water won’t work

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
If you were right no one would ever drown. I saw a guy drown that swam out to the middle of a lake in a storm. No one could get to him to save him. His brain failed him

Read for comprehension. The human brain learns it can't breathe underwater.