Religion is manmade

May 2016
california
Communism was man made too, how about religion (and other isms) is man (females and others included) corrupted?

May 2016
california
I don't know why someone would turn wine into water but turning water into wine is an industry around here though the wine would be a far cry from what they considered wine to be two thousand years ago. Still miracles are inherently anathema to science so why bother trying. People believe a lot of things nowadays that other people "know" are wrong because they believe something else. But you can't put everything in a test tube.

Sep 2012
California
I had to smirk at that one as well. Trying to maintain that the Bible in it's entirely is one continuous retelling of the truth historically and even within itself is preposterous. The Bible is filled with contradictions. Spooky needs to listen to Bart Erhman on youtube, he can make her statement false using only the first four Gospels.

Dec 2014
Opal mining
I had to smirk at that one as well. Trying to maintain that the Bible in it's entirely is one continuous retelling of the truth historically and even within itself is preposterous. The Bible is filled with contradictions. Spooky needs to listen to Bart Erhman on youtube, he can make her statement false using only the first four Gospels.

Every time I post that video, no one bothers to watch it. The problems inherent in the gospels alone prove the Bible is fill of mistakes and contradictions.

For those actually interested in learning something:

Last edited:
Dec 2014
Opal mining
Of course no one bothers to watch it ... it is 1-1/2 hours long.

Well, it's rather comprehensive and covers a lot of ground, and the texts are quite extensive in themselves, so it would be long in order to cover the examples. If the material was limited to few minutes, the case would be reduced to mere argument from assertion. Prof. Erhman supports every single claim with evidence from the texts, and this analysis takes time ~ especially when comparing the content of each gospel.

The first half hour would be enough to prove the point, and if those who claim 'Biblical infallibility' are too lazy to watch it, well, that's their problem.

Last edited: