Religion is manmade

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
If religion is manmade, then everybody is free to do what they want without any consequences from God. Do whatever feels good.
And, other than Bible the only known reference to Jesus is the historian Josephus. If the Bible is just another book, filled with fables, then the questions is: Is Jesus God?

Of course, people are free to accept this or reject it. I believe that God is real, and as a Christian that Christ is my Savior. Jesus is God and the creator of all things. I believe he died once for all, so that we would become acceptable to God.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Dec 2014
Opal mining
If religion is manmade, then everybody is free to do what they want without any consequences from God. Do whatever feels good.
And, other than Bible the only known reference to Jesus is the historian Josephus. If the Bible is just another book, filled with fables, then the questions is: Is Jesus God?
That portion of the text is considered by many scholars to be a later interpolation.

Josephus on Jesus - Wikipedia

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
So, the Bible proves itself?

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
That portion of the text is considered by many scholars to be a later interpolation.

Christianity, like every other religion, is based on Faith. You free to accept it or reject it. I am simply saying that Christians are taught that the scriptures are the inspired word of God.

Divine inspiration. ... Divine inspiration is the concept of a supernatural force, typically a deity, causing a person or people to experience a creative desire. It has been a commonly reported aspect of many religions, for thousands of years. ~ google

Dec 2014
Opal mining
Christianity, like every other religion, is based on Faith. You free to accept it or reject it. I am simply saying that Christians are taught that the scriptures are the inspired word of God.
I know what they're taught.

Divine inspiration. ... Divine inspiration is the concept of a supernatural force, typically a deity, causing a person or people to experience a creative desire. It has been a commonly reported aspect of many religions, for thousands of years. ~ google
Yes it was a common claim among the ancients: a muse guided one to produce art, as it didn't come from within (so they believed).

Sep 2012
California
Well, it's rather comprehensive and covers a lot of ground, and the texts are quite extensive in themselves, so it would be long in order to cover the examples. If the material was limited to few minutes, the case would be reduced to mere argument from assertion. Prof. Erhman supports every single claim with evidence from the texts, and this analysis takes time ~ especially when comparing the content of each gospel.

The first half hour would be enough to prove the point, and if those who claim 'Biblical infallibility' are too lazy to watch it, well, that's their problem.
They won't watch Bert but will sit in a pew for 2 hours every Sunday....tells you all you need to know about their faith.

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
Maybe the oxygen levels will evolve on another planet, is that what you are hoping for? The tower analogy is a perfect example of an atheist concept of creation and how foolish it is. Only a fool would think nothing needs a design to work perfectly especially the universe. I do carpentry work and admit I don't plan very well and many times I wish I had. Poor construction means many do overs.
If everything that exists, just because it exists, was made for an intended purpose by an intelligent mind, then someone must have created God.

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
Uh, yeah, it is. There's no twisting that one.
You can argue it's a religion because it has rituals and dogma, but I think it is more of a millinerian conspiracy theory. The Christians who believe in that New World Order nonsense definitely practice Christianity as a conspiracy theory.

Jan 2007
Irrelevant
I don't know why folks find this objectionable, but it's the truth.
Every religion the world over is man made.
Mormon is just the latest example.
Of course it's man-made.

No one is suggesting dogs or chairs have religions, now, is there?