Remember Murietta? Dumping unvetted migrants into the cities of political foes was done by Obama first

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Well, that is different. :lol: Hypocrisy form the left 24/7/365.

Back in 2014, when the migrant surge of that year brought tens of thousands of "unaccompanied children" and "moms and kids," into the Rio Grande Valley, overwhelming the Texas processing facilities, President Obama inexplicably targeted small and mid-sized cities (same as the Trump officials' emails) as their next destination of choice. And instead of talking about it, they really did try to bus the unvetted migrants into small cities such as Murietta, California; Yuma, Arizona; and a conservative area of New Mexico, bringing crime, disease, and a high need for social services, without consulting those communities.

The residents protested, and the Obama administration declared them 'racist' in a bid to scare them into line.

There are no known FOIA documents to prove it (though it's a fine area for inquiry these days) that I have been able to find, but circumstantially, it appears to be a correct reading of the situation. The several hundred illegals being dumped off in Murietta were going to a small city with just five holding cells, given that it's a nearly crime-free city of homeowners. That's inexplicable, unless the idea was to unleash them onto the conservatives unvetted for other purposes.

The Los Angeles Times reported that it made no sense to dump the migrants into Murietta, because the much larger metropolis of San Diego, sixty miles south, had plenty of beds and holding cells for illegal entrants, and ones that could cater to migrant families. The migrants eventually were sent there, but not before Democrats could demonize the town as brimming with racists, leaving its officials (Latino ones, no less) sputtering their defense that they were not.

It's pretty obvious the whole thing was a political gambit to not only impose high costs from illegal migration on specially targeted conservative cities, its second aim was to force America's conservatives into submission out of fear of being called racists.

Remember Murietta? Dumping unvetted migrants into the cities of political foes was done by Obama first

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
I live near that city and this article is complete BS

There is a border patrol station in that city.

They took them in for processing there and then release a few in Murrieta, from what I recall, most of them ended up in San Diego County.

They DID NOT bring crime or disease.

These were KIDS we are talking about - not adults.

Jan 2019
southeast
I live near that city and this article is complete BS

There is a border patrol station in that city.

They took them in for processing there and then release a few in Murrieta, from what I recall, most of them ended up in San Diego County.

They DID NOT bring crime or disease.

These were KIDS we are talking about - not adults.
They did some heavy duty protesting you might recall.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Whatever.

The OP link is still flat out wrong.

Also from the LA times link

Migrants who were turned back from Murrieta have been driven to San Diego, where they were dispersed to at least three U.S. Border Patrol stations, authorities said Wednesday.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I think it was not done well, and the localities should have been consulted first. But it's disingenuous to characterize the kids the way OP does.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
I think it was not done well, and the localities should have been consulted first. But it's disingenuous to characterize the kids the way OP does.
I believe they were. Again, they have a local BP "office" there

It's a pretty conservative town.

So, of course, some of them had a meltdown.

And I remember seeing one photo in my local paper

Literally, people screaming at a 10-year-old.

Sad.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I believe they were. Again, they have a local BP "office" there

It's a pretty conservative town.

So, of course, some of them had a meltdown.

And I remember seeing one photo in my local paper

Literally, people screaming at a 10-year-old.

Sad.
I live around there also. I definitely saw some shady stuff. I think they should have done better though. If they worked it out with the localities first, there should have been less trouble. They definitely did something poorly.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
I live around there also. I definitely saw some shady stuff. I think they should have done better though. If they worked it out with the localities first, there should have been less trouble. They definitely did something poorly.
Oh so we are neighbors? Sweet :)

Agree it was not the best-executed plan - but I still can't get over seeing that photo.