Remember the Restaurant Sarah Sanders Was Asked to Leave?

Jul 2007
So. Md.
That's weird. Because it was pretty conscionable up until 2016.
Everyone else has issues that they think are important and feel passionate about. We'll see how far this new love of blacklisting goes when liberals are on the receiving end of it. Not very is my guess.
The differences between what happened to asylum seekers under Obama and Trump has been shown to you repeatedly so I'm not going over that again. You'll just ignore it and continue to spout the lie.

Yes, everyone else has issues they're passionate about and they're free to keep people out of their businesses who disagree with them as long as they're not denying them service based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I never read Yelp reviews. The whole concept of deciding whether or not to patronize a place based on anonymous reviews of it is retarded.

If you want to entrust a professional food critic to help make that decision, fine, but I'd say every place deserves at least one try if opportunity presents.

Otherwise, you're just letting unaccountable people make your decisions for you.
I don't necessarily trust professional critics either. In some of the entertainment mediums I enjoy, most of the critics are trying to get jobs in that industry. So they don't want to burn bridges by giving negative reviews. And I've seen in movies that there is often a disconnect between the critic ratings and audience ratings.
Not that I endorse review bombing on Yelp. It's stupid. Like when SJW's review bomb a restaurant because of cultural appropriation or some other stupid reason. I wouldn't feel bad it this restaurant lost business because of a stupid decision. But I wouldn't actively try to ruin their livelihood either.

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The differences between what happened to asylum seekers under Obama and Trump has been shown to you repeatedly so I'm not going over that again. You'll just ignore it and continue to spout the lie.

Yes, everyone else has issues they're passionate about and they're free to keep people out of their businesses who disagree with them as long as they're not denying them service based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
This isn't about asylum seekers. It's about the left losing their minds because they lost the 2016 election. They were assured all year by polling that Hillary would win. So when Lucy pulled that football in November, they went insane. They will never forgive Trump or anyone associated with him for taking what they thought was rightfully theirs.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Trolling, doxing, tweeting and retweeting, all the same sort of stuff that this restaurant is dealing with. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to... but that the Russians have done all this is public knowledge. That they may have done it to this restaurant is purely my speculation based on what they have done in the past.

To what extent? have you looked at the extent and the exposure? The media oversells thier reach. Not saying it shouldnt be dealt with, but the idea russian paid trolls are bashing a restaurant owner of a place that seat what looks about 20 people? I don't think so.

Oct 2009
Kansas
I don't necessarily trust professional critics either. In some of the entertainment mediums I enjoy, most of the critics are trying to get jobs in that industry. So they don't want to burn bridges by giving negative reviews. And I've seen in movies that there is often a disconnect between the critic ratings and audience ratings.
Not that I endorse review bombing on Yelp. It's stupid. Like when SJW's review bomb a restaurant because of cultural appropriation or some other stupid reason. I wouldn't feel bad it this restaurant lost business because of a stupid decision. But I wouldn't actively try to ruin their livelihood either.
It's easy enough to weed out kiss-asses and careerists in critics with bylines. Just look at how many good reviews they write.

Otherwise, whether in the case of The Red Hen or Chic-fil-A, attempting to punish a restaurant for its political decisions by not eating there is dumb. If they do something really egregious, like ban black people from eating there, then federal law offers a resolution. Otherwise it's their call as a private business, and nobody else really matters.