Remember the Restaurant Sarah Sanders Was Asked to Leave?

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
It's easy enough to weed out kiss-asses and careerists in critics with bylines. Just look at how many good reviews they write.

Otherwise, whether in the case of The Red Hen or Chic-fil-A, attempting to punish a restaurant for its political decisions by not eating there is dumb. If they do something really egregious, like ban black people from eating there, then federal law offers a resolution. Otherwise it's their call as a private business, and nobody else really matters.
I don't begrudge someone a personal decision whether or not to patronize a business. I just think that a) people shouldn't force that on others and b) it should be an honest action. Reviewing a restaurant that you have never been to is not honest.

Nov 2009
SoCal
To what extent? have you looked at the extent and the exposure? The media oversells thier reach. Not saying it shouldnt be dealt with, but the idea russian paid trolls are bashing a restaurant owner of a place that seat what looks about 20 people? I don't think so.
Why not? It makes an example to the hundreds of thousands that read about it in the news. Look at us talking about it here. I have never been there and from your quotes earlier, I surmise that you have never been there either. The "reach" of that attack (which again is just me suggesting its possible) goes way further than the 20 folks that can sit in there at a time.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Why not? It makes an example to the hundreds of thousands that read about it in the news. Look at us talking about it here. I have never been there and from your quotes earlier, I surmise that you have never been there either. The "reach" of that attack (which again is just me suggesting its possible) goes way further than the 20 folks that can sit in there at a time.

So what percentage would you speculate of those reviews are russian?

Nov 2009
SoCal
So what percentage would you speculate of those reviews are russian?
Since the whole thing is a guess, I'll say 60%. Why would I guess that it's so high? Because I think a lot of us in this nation are too lazy to do stuff like that. But who knows, a guess is a guess and I'm not even basing it on anything but an observation that many in this nation are so lazy they couldn't spare the energy to protest that place.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Since the whole thing is a guess, I'll say 60%. Why would I guess that it's so high? Because I think a lot of us in this nation are too lazy to do stuff like that. But who knows, a guess is a guess and I'm not even basing it on anything but an observation that many in this nation are so lazy they couldn't spare the energy to protest that place.

Wow. Chief, I just linked you to a much larger campaign against a restauraunt over a tv show, why do you think this nation wouldn't do the same for this restauraunt. writing bad yelp reviews is easy...

You Just Got Attacked By Fake 1-Star Reviews. Now What?

It's fairly common.