Remittance $$ out of the the USA

Jan 2007
[h=2]Legal and illegal immigrants wired almost $140 billion from the United States back to their home countries and foreign relatives in 2016.[/h] The huge loss of domestic spending by of immigrants’ remittances is spotlighted in a new report by the Pew Research Center, which also noted that $6.5 billion was sent back to the United States by foreign-based U.S. workers. That is a 21-fold difference and is enough money to support 2.6 million additional $50,000 jobs in the United States.
The remittance number is based on calculations by the World Bank.

The leading recipients of the exported remittances are people in Mexico, China, and India, reflecting the growing size of Chinese and Indian migration into the United States. Many of the Chinese and Indian migrants work in once-prestigious, but now lower-wage, white-collar science or computer jobs.

Jan 2007
Mexico far surpasses other nations.

MEXICO CITY – The money sent home to Mexico by migrants living abroad rose to almost $27 billion in 2016, the highest on record.
Remittances rose 8.8 percent, from $24.78 billion in 2015 to 26.97 billion in 2016.
IN FEAR OF NEW RESTRICTIONS, REMITTANCES TO MEXICO JUMPED BY 25% IN NOVEMBER
Mexico's central bank said Wednesday almost all the money was sent to Mexico by electronic transfers. About $600 million continues to arrive in cash or by money orders.
Remittances have become Mexico's most important source of foreign income after manufacturing exports of almost $34 billion per year.

If Mexican's are leaving faster then new arrivals, why is remittance increasing?

Last edited:
May 2007
Houston, Texas
I spend my money on whatever the fuck I want, regardless of where it comes from. I buy both American grown marijuana and weed from Mexico.

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
The more "chain migration" is restricted, the more money will need to be sent back to the people left behind.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
The more "chain migration" is restricted, the more money will need to be sent back to the people left behind.

LOL Yeah, keep 'em rolling in so the Dims can get millions of more votes and turn the nation into a one-party state like Mexifornia.

Reactions: 1 person