Rep. Marsha Blackburn Besieged By Boos At Tennessee Town Hall.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
A passionate group of constituents and protesters alike greeted Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) at a meeting in Fairview, Tenn., on Tuesday afternoon.

About 130 prescreened people filled Fairview City Hall to hear Blackburn’s remarks. The city’s website said the event was open only to residents (population 8,000) who had reserved seats.

What began as a relatively sedate meeting at times escalated sharply as Blackburn fielded numerous questions, many about health care and the future of the Affordable Care Act.

After a brief overview of her legislative agenda, during which she affirmed her desire to “phase out” the ACA, Blackburn opened the floor to questions from the public
Rep. Marsha Blackburn Besieged By Boos At Tennessee Town Hall | The Huffington Post

this is interesting. She was just on CNN telling Anderson Cooper that the room wasn't filled with her actual constituents. She's been elected to that seat since 2002 and seems to keep easily wining her elections. Which is an understatement. Her seat seems pretty safe because of redistricting and because it's a solid Republican district. Which , again, is an understatement. However, this may be bad news for her.

Poll: Majority of Tennesseans oppose Obamacare repeal

Something I wanted to highlight from the OP article.

Blackburn initially deflected, saying only, “I don’t speak for the president,” then, after saying she had personally had no problems interacting with Bannon, added, “I am not aware that he’s taken anybody’s place on the NSC.”

A chorus of incredulous boos followed. “It’s all over the national media,” the man asking the question replied.
she was on Trump's transition team and didn't seem to have a problem speaking for him at the convention.

May 2012
By the wall
Something fishy here.

Pre-screening is done for a reason so either they weren't screened or the audience are actual liberals who lied to get in.

Sep 2016
My own world
I don't believe Spooky understands what pre-screening means.
About 130 prescreened people filled Fairview City Hall to hear Blackburn’s remarks. The city’s website said the event was open only to residents (population 8,000) who had reserved seats.
It had to be confirmed that the people sitting in the seats were actually residents or they weren't going to be allowed to keep their seats unless they could prove residency. That's what pre-screening was for to prove residency.

Reactions: 3 people

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
It had to be confirmed that the people sitting in the seats were actually residents or they weren't going to be allowed to keep their seats unless they could prove residency. That's what pre-screening was for to prove residency.
I actually tried to confirm her claims. I did find a rally that was being held outside by folks claiming to be her constituents. But, they were pretty much expressing the same concerns as the people that were let in. It was a youtube vid. I'll try to find it again.

May 2012
By the wall
pssst, ever consider that maybe Blackburn is lying?
Yep.

If she is then she is in fairly big trouble which is sad because she has a very safe district.

To fuck that up is something you almost have to do on purpose lol.

She is getting a bit big for her britches though and craving that media attention.

That can easily come back to bite you as it looks like it is doing to her.

webrockk

Former Staff
Nov 2009
on the river
Stinks of Obama's bunch, OFA. Once a community agitator, always an community agitator. This is at least the third report about a town hall type gathering getting rowdy....and the rowdiness always seems to be sparked off by Obama's legacy legislation.

May 2012
By the wall
There are different types of screening you know.

Generally its a questionnaire sent out ahead of time to those interested in attending.

Think of them as pep rallies. I've helped at a lot of town halls and never screened for residency but that's certainly something that could happen although I don't know why you would bother.

Sep 2016
My own world
[MENTION=3652]webrockk[/MENTION] do you think people that live in the district don't have a right to organize? PS many of these people are Republicans and in fact voted for Trump. They just realized he wasn't joking, he meant what he said (Muslim ban) and it wasn't an act, he is actually a moron. He has no clue how to run a government and his cabinet appointments are by and large
swamp creatures that are unqualified.

Last edited:

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
[MENTION=3652]webrockk[/MENTION] do you think people that live in the district don't have a right to organize? PS many of these people are Republicans and in fact voted for Trump. They just realized he wasn't joking, he meant what he said and it wasn't an act, he is actually a moron.
They don't live in her district I live in her district.