Report: Powerful Nevada GOPer Wrote Column About 'Simple Minded Darkies'

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
What a racist looks like - neatly trimmed beard, american flag nicely pinned to well-tailored suit lapel. Dood obviously thinks he's a 'normal real American'. He's a disgusting, hate-filled racist, who complained about 'vicious attacks' when someone noticed his hate-columns and wrote about them.

Oh, yea, he's a sexist and homophobe too. Funny how often all the 'ists' go hand-in-hand. Wouldn't be surprised to find some religious bigotry too, if you dug a bit deeper. Hate is hate, it's all of a kind, just shaded differently ...

Report: Powerful Nevada GOPer Wrote Column About 'Simple Minded Darkies'

By DYLAN SCOTT Published NOVEMBER 20, 2014, 1:29 PM EST

The incoming Republican speaker of the Nevada Assembly wrote about the "master-slave relationship" between Democrats and blacks, while also referencing "simple minded darkies," according to a report published Thursday.

The Reno News & Review, an alternative weekly in the state's second city, picked through past newspaper columns written by Rep. Ira Hansen, who was designated as speaker by the Republicans who won control of the state's assembly on Election Day.

What the weekly said it found in the columns, which date back to 1994 and were reviewed on microfilm, were shocking views on a wide variety of issues -- but particularly race.

(snip ... )

more:
http://a1.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/nroadi83o0kmuqpdcjlm.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
He resigned .... and blamed the viscious attacks. Somehow these haters are never responsible (in their own minds) for their actions and words. It's always the 'PC police' who are to blame!

Nevada GOPer Resigns As Speaker Over Controversial Columns On Race

By CAITLIN MACNEAL PublishedNOVEMBER 23, 2014, 4:18 PM EST

(snip ... )

Hansen on Sunday called the controversy over the columns a political attack.

"Ultimately, this whole attack has very little to do with my views. The powers that be are planning a massive, more than one billion dollar, tax increase and I stood in the way as Speaker," he said in his statement. "I have already served two terms as an Assemblyman without any of these vicious attacks. It was only when I had risen to leadership that this smear campaign occurred. That is the real reason for this and it is vital the public understands that."

more: Nevada GOPer Resigns As Speaker Over Controversial Columns On Race

Reactions: 1 person

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
every time one of these idiots say what they are really thinking they get in trouble. How's the "minority outreach" going Republicans?

Reactions: 3 people