Report: Trump's plan to pay for border wall with Air Force funds risks national security

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
No surprise here - But will Donald care? Nope, because he doesn't actually care about national security - Gollum J Drumpf must have "Precious".

President Donald Trump's plan to pay for his proposed border wall by taking funds from more than four dozen Air Force military construction projects poses various national security risks for the U.S. armed forces, according to a report compiled by the U.S. Air Force.​
The report, obtained by NBC News, details the importance of each of the 51 military projects chosen by the Trump administration to lose their funding, including construction of a new gate to address a growing security concern at an overseas U.S. base, projects to build facilities to safely store more than $1 billion in munitions overseas, and even replacing a boiler whose failure is "imminent" and could cause the evacuation of an entire base in Alaska.​

Trump's plan to pay for border wall with Air Force funds risks national security, report says

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
then why did the Pentagon approve it? That's the real question. And will Congress back fund this money without some sort of explanation why the funds they already allocated aren't being spent on what the military said they needed it for ? While trump it lining his pocket profiting off being president , he's raiding military funding and literally putting lives in danger.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
then why did the Pentagon approve it? That's the real question. And will Congress back fund this money without some sort of explanation why the funds they already allocated aren't being spent on what the military said they needed it for ? While trump it lining his pocket profiting off being president , he's raiding military funding and literally putting lives in danger.
Boy I've no idea. Joe Dunford is the Joint Chiefs Chair and he's retiring this week but David Ignatius says he's not a Trumptard Yes Man.

Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who will retire this month, is that rare senior official in Donald Trump’s Washington whose career and reputation don’t seem to have been tarnished by his dealings with the president.​
The explanation is simple: The low-key, Boston-Irish Marine maintained the distance and discipline of a professional military officer. He didn’t try to be Trump’s friend or confidant, and he stayed away from palace intrigue. The White House treated him with respect, and his fellow commanders came to regard him with something approaching awe: “We’d all like to be Joe Dunford,” says one four-star general.​
In the ceaseless turmoil of the Trump administration, Dunford has been a steady hand who helped insulate national security policy from disruption and political pressure. His Pentagon colleagues say he will be keenly missed — several described him as the best chairman in recent decades — and they are hoping Gen. Mark Milley, his successor, can sustain the independence and cool judgment that defined Dunford’s tenure.​

Reactions: Friday13
Jul 2011
Tennessee
So you're suggesting that NBC made up the direct quotes from the report? Okay, whatever :rolleyes:
I'll take the bet the report lists the reasons for the projects.

It's NBC who has assigned the label "risk national security".

The boiler in Alaska wasn't scheduled for repair until January 2020 in the middle of winter

The gate in Turkey wasn't scheduled for being upgraded until August 2020.

If these were true national security risks they would have been taken care of immediately.

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
Do I dare say that NBC has over played the situation.
do i dare say you would rather shoot the messenger than admit what a total ass trump is? did you even try to read the article? NBC was not saying Trump's actions were putting security in question, AN AIR FORCE REPORT SAID SO. i guess you believe the Air Force is part of the Obama Deep State.

Reactions: Friday13

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

The boiler in Alaska wasn't scheduled for repair until January 2020 in the middle of winter

If these were true national security risks they would have been taken care of immediately.
you think that anything that's not taken care of immediately isn't a national security risk . Well then so much for trumps wall.

Sep 2019
dfw, texas

not according to the report. and only a fool believes there is any real threat to our security a silly ass concrete wall along our southern border could stop. see, that is the part that flies over your head. even if none of these possible security threats are that serious, they are all way more threats to our security than what trump spews about our border and is willing to circumvent the Constitution to waste money on.