Republican Rep Will Hurd Brings Sanity Back

Oct 2013
USA
I just listened to him on Morning Joe and could not believe my ears. He is a very smart young man and if he is a sign of the new Republicans of the future it signals a return to sanity. His discussion of smart technology and what Texas wants was above par. His knowledge of options he is pulling for instead of a wall was spot on. I learned a few things because apparently Texas has been using some of the technology but needs more. He spoke to border patrols in his district and they are furious to be working without pay for a wall that no one thinks will even work. Wow. He is an impressive Republican.

In a perfect world these people who know what they are talking about would be listened to.

Oct 2013
USA
He has always been that way. Cant believe he came so close to losing his seat. Good ones need to be saved.
He reminds me of the good old days when you had real choices for the best person for the job and could vote either party. I'd still go both ways if the candidates were that good. Until then I feel stuck with having to vote only Democratic candidates due to the makeup of Congress and the Presidency. I will say it has been easy as republicans that run are dumb as rocks more often than not but Will Hurd is a wonderful exception.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
[Hurd] spoke to border patrols in his district and they are furious to be working without pay for a wall that no one thinks will even work.
It depends on who you talk to. A high-school (and FB) friend is career border patrol and blames the Democrats for the shutdown (and everything else, for that matter) ... he and his buddies love Trump and would love to have a wall, notwithstanding that they are on the Arizona border with mountains all over the place that would be difficult to wall off anyway. It takes all kinds.

Oct 2013
USA
It depends on who you talk to. A high-school (and FB) friend is career border patrol and blames the Democrats for the shutdown (and everything else, for that matter) ... he and his buddies love Trump and would love to have a wall, notwithstanding that they are on the Arizona border with mountains all over the place that would be difficult to wall off anyway. It takes all kinds.
Districts and their conditions matter in these things so that doesn't surprise me at all. It appears Hurd's district has a view based on their own realities. He is a very smart young man and one can hope that it is a good sign of the future for Texas. Imagine that, a logic based lawmaker. lol

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Our neighbor is a local police officer and he too wants the wall. "We need all the help we can get" is what he keeps saying. I imagine thats pretty common in law enforcement circles, Trump is very popular.