Republicans again seeking to suppress black vote

I

Inkslinger

In the 2004 presidential race, the GOP ran a massive, multi-state, multimillion-dollar operation to challenge the legitimacy of black, Hispanic and Native American voters. The methods used breached the Voting Rights Act, and while the Bush administration's civil rights division grinned and looked the other way, civil rights lawyers began circling, preparing to sue to stop the violations of the act before the 2008 race.

So Republicans have promised to no longer break the law -- not by going legit but by eliminating the law.

http://www.unknownnews.org/0606250623Palast-VotingRightsAct.html

A

A Moderate

All I can say is...

Politics...whatcha gonna do?

Whoever is in office does nothing unless it involves money or another run at their presidency.

M

Maritxu

And there will still be some black, Hispanic and Native Americans voting republicans...

M

Mark Carter

What is really strange is the fact that the Republican Party and Abraham Linclon who created the Republican Party freed Black People from slavery. It was the Democratic Party under Jeff Davis that wanted to keep Black People in Slavery. I get tired of hearing how the Democratic Party is pro Black when it is a bunch of old Klansmen like Robert KKK Byrd.

R

Roman

MArk,

I agree with you. Take a look at the three most powerful minorites were or are apart of the current adminstration while no minorities where even on the Dems short-list. I can never support a party that supports race pimps like Jesse Jackson who make millions off of racism. I think as more minorites become more economically developed, the more fiscal conversatives they will produce.

Don't forget, Don King voted Republican! :lol:

A

A Moderate

What is really strange is the fact that the Republican Party and Abraham Linclon who created the Republican Party freed Black People from slavery. It was the Democratic Party under Jeff Davis that wanted to keep Black People in Slavery.
I'm 100% sure, but I believe that Abraham Lincoln was not the first Republican, or the one who created it, just the first one to make it into office.

F

Fishmint

:roll:
What is really strange is the fact that the Republican Party and Abraham Linclon who created the Republican Party freed Black People from slavery. It was the Democratic Party under Jeff Davis that wanted to keep Black People in Slavery. I get tired of hearing how the Democratic Party is pro Black when it is a bunch of old Klansmen like Robert KKK Byrd.
:roll:

Parties change. Just take a look at the neo-cons....they are a whole different breed now than at the time you are talking about.