Rhode Island bill would keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
I would love to see President Trump elect to not run on the Rhode Island ballot. There are four electoral votes in Rhode Island. They are not going to Trump regardless of whether he releases his tax returns, high school transcripts, or even cures cancer.

Rhode Island bill would keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns

Rhode Island's state Senate passed a bill this week that would keep candidates off the presidential ballot in their state if they don't release five years' worth of tax returns, according to the Providence Journal.

Sen. Gayle Goldin (D), who sponsored the bill, noted that every presidential candidate since Richard Nixon released their tax returns voluntarily until President Trump ran for office.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...e-releases-his-tax-returns/ar-AAyZn19?ocid=sf

Apr 2010
Oregon
Or he could just release his fucking tax returns like every other president and presidential candidate in recent history.

What the hell is he hiding?

Nov 2013
None of your business
I would love to see President Trump elect to not run on the Rhode Island ballot. There are four electoral votes in Rhode Island. They are not going to Trump regardless of whether he releases his tax returns, high school transcripts, or even cures cancer.
i guess you don't understand Rhode Island, do you?

Read the Portsmouth Compact;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Compact

And maybe you'll understand RI's independence,

Apr 2010
Oregon
A super fun thing to do is go to the search feature and type in Obama+college

Believe it or not boys and girls, there was a time when PH board conservatives where outraged for YEARS that Obama didn’t release his college transcripts.

Le sigh.

Nov 2013
None of your business

Believe it or not boys and girls, there was a time when PH board conservatives where outraged for YEARS that Obama didn’t release his college transcripts.

Le sigh.
The Portsmouth Compact established the Rhode Island Colony, after Anne Hutchinson was excommunicated by the religious lunatics of Plymouth Bay; and for the record, Portsmouth was the very FIRST to declare independence from Mother England; so in fine traditional fashion, once again Rhode Island, that tiny jewel of Atlantic Ocean mysteries, leads the charge

Good for them.

Nov 2006
I would love to see another dozen states follow suit. I don't see where it matters, the dumbshit won't be on the 2020 ballot anyway.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter

Le sigh.
Or his “long form” birth certificate.

Which, upon receipt, they declared a forgery.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Or he could just release his fucking tax returns like every other president and presidential candidate in recent history.

What the hell is he hiding?
Why should he release them? They are not required by the Constitution to run for the office. There is no upside to releasing them. Releasing them will not gain any votes.