Rick Perry says U.S. troops may needed in Mexico to fight war against drug cartels

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Rick Perry says U.S. troops may needed in Mexico to fight war against drug cartels

Y'all ever hear of Problem/Reaction/Solution?

I have lots of threads on this issue, and I always...well usually end with "you better figure out why". Well Mexico nor the American people will not allow American troops to occupy Mexico.

Now here is a trip, if you look through my threads you will see on where I said NATO would love an operational base in the Americas. That will be allowed, because....well because we're stupid enough to allow or government to run guns into Mexico for the cartels, and allow those cartels to run drugs into America.

Damn we are a smart lot!

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA

Y'all ever hear of Problem/Reaction/Solution?

I have lots of threads on this issue, and I always...well usually end with "you better figure out why". Well Mexico nor the American people will not allow American troops to occupy Mexico.

Now here is a trip, if you look through my threads you will see on where I said NATO would love an operational base in the Americas. That will be allowed, because....well because we're stupid enough to allow or government to run guns into Mexico for the cartels, and allow those cartels to run drugs into America.

Damn we are a smart lot!
Or we could just end the prohibitions that lead to this criminal violence. Hey, it worked before....

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Or we could just end the prohibitions that lead to this criminal violence. Hey, it worked before....
The government has to much to gain, from private prisons to bank profits. They will never legalize.

Feb 2010
Ending prohibition created a whole new set of problems. More people die in a day from alcohol related causes than were killed by gangsters during prohibition. I guess we have to decide if it's worth it.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Yup, and once they repealed that drugs became illegal.
Depends on what drug you're talking about. The Harrison Act was 1914. But at some point emotion has to give way to reason...and drugs cost us more money in enforcement than they provide in any other sort of benefits. We lock up more people than anyone...at some point we have to notice that, here in the 'land of the free.'

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Depends on what drug you're talking about. The Harrison Act was 1914. But at some point emotion has to give way to reason...and drugs cost us more money in enforcement than they provide in any other sort of benefits. We lock up more people than anyone...at some point we have to notice that, here in the 'land of the free.'
You don't get it. Without drugs you would have much smaller police forces and prisons. Can you imagine the cronies that feed prisoners for the government, can you imagine the costs and profits? How about the banks, they admit they fund the cartels, hundreds of billions per year. You get rid of that and a lot more because of costs. This stupid ass government weigh the benefits to the economy from government spending that you pay for anyway.

Good god.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
You don't get it. Without drugs you would have much smaller police forces and prisons. Can you imagine the cronies that feed prisoners for the government, can you imagine the costs and profits? How about the banks, they admit they fund the cartels, hundreds of billions per year. You get rid of that and a lot more because of costs. This stupid ass government weigh the benefits to the economy from government spending that you pay for anyway.

Good god.
I'm well-aware of the prison-industrial complex. But the whole system works only because people are more afraid of drugs than they are of the costs. At some point, that will flip. In 1933 it happened because people realized the previous era was over and they settled into a new set of expectations, which allowed for less hypocrisy. Hunger tends to focus people's attention.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
That's what I'm shooting for. At least marijuana. I don't know how they'd handle cocaine.