Right wing artist is suing to get his crap in the Smithsonian

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
“The last thing she said to me was ‘it’s no good.'"

Yeah, and when it comes to art museums, that's how it works. But NO. This "artist" is threatening to go the the Supreme Court to vindicate his utterly un-ironic, allegorical propaganda mural that looks like it was designed for a 1975 Chevy conversion van.

BTW...Realism is fine with me. But just make it true. There's no way President Dumbass has this much hair.

The Artist Behind the 16-Foot-Wide Trump Painting Wants It in the Smithsonian

The artist behind a gigantic painting of Donald Trump has been locked for years in a legal battle to get his piece of art a spot in a Smithsonian museum.

Julian Raven and his huge, eight-foot tall, 16-foot wide painting of Trump, “Unafraid & Unashamed,” was the aesthetic highpoint of last month’s Conservative Political Action Conference, after he displayed it at the annual conservative confab. Countless CPAC attendees posed for pictures with Raven’s giant Trump head, which he painted posed next to a falling American flag that’s being rescued by a bald eagle while flying in space.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
“The last thing she said to me was ‘it’s no good.'"

Yeah, and when it comes to art museums, that's how it works. But NO. This "artist" is threatening to go the the Supreme Court to vindicate his utterly un-ironic, allegorical propaganda mural that looks like it was designed for a 1975 Chevy conversion van.

BTW...Realism is fine with me. But just make it true. There's no way President Dumbass has this much hair.

The Artist Behind the 16-Foot-Wide Trump Painting Wants It in the Smithsonian

The artist behind a gigantic painting of Donald Trump has been locked for years in a legal battle to get his piece of art a spot in a Smithsonian museum.

Julian Raven and his huge, eight-foot tall, 16-foot wide painting of Trump, “Unafraid & Unashamed,” was the aesthetic highpoint of last month’s Conservative Political Action Conference, after he displayed it at the annual conservative confab. Countless CPAC attendees posed for pictures with Raven’s giant Trump head, which he painted posed next to a falling American flag that’s being rescued by a bald eagle while flying in space.
It reminds me of art you might see at a travelling carnival.

IMG_3269.jpg

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Wow, and he just unilaterally decided that the Smithsonian had to take it?
That was my thought. Why the Smithsonian? I didn't realize they were showing modern art. Or holding comic-cons, with respect to the painting...