Right wing artist is suing to get his crap in the Smithsonian

Nov 2013
NY
Interest or not, the Smithsonian gets 65% of its funding from the federal government; ie taxpayers. We are all entitled to our opinion how the Smithsonian operates.
you're also entitled to an opinion as to how the DMV (100% government funded) operates.. but nobopdy gives a dime about your opinion.
Same with the Smithonian.
And any crappy artist thinking he can "sue" himself into a museum, already admits that his work alone, is just not good enough.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
An artist demanding his work be accepted, appreciated and displayed in the Smithsonian?

What an entitled ass.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Although maybe he was just helping to fulfill the prediction of a real artist:

He might have run over by a few minutes, but close enough.

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
you're also entitled to an opinion as to how the DMV (100% government funded) operates.. but nobopdy gives a dime about your opinion.
Same with the Smithonian.
And any crappy artist thinking he can "sue" himself into a museum, already admits that his work alone, is just not good enough.
Nobody cares, but the man gets his day in court.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Crap is crap. You could be 200ft away from this image and see it's crap. It's that much crap.

If it was on a table, it would be a table full of crap.

Most artists shoot for local galleries, not the Smithsonian. However if he makes a big enough stink and waits 200 years after his own passing, he might make it in.

Crap From the Past

Like a craft fair, table full of homemade earrings and bracelets, made of macaroni and shells and burlap yarn, an entire table of shit - behind that sitting in the back - brought just in case today someone buys it - is this dude's painting.

That's my review of this piece.
I gave my very careful and considered review of this work of 'art' in post #5, and have seen no reason to alter my opinion.

Jan 2016
Colorado
There's nothing snobbish about seeing that the "art" in question is at best a technically competent rendering of some subjects in an idealized fashion. There's no depth or room to ponder the meaning. There's almost no technique.

I would argue that this silly allegorical painting at least demonstrates some painterly skill. If I had to choose, I'd put this in the Smithsonian before I'd put the Trump-eagle billboard.

I wonder if this artist is an in-law of the artist in the OP. Twin sons of different mothers, or something?