Righties and lefties... do you want to get along?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I am just posting this question because of the boycott of that music store against Trump supporters caused righties to sort of complain about it. So... that makes me wonder what people actually want. Righties can't expect lefties to get along with them while righties are bitching about lefties, and vice versa... so what do you guys really expect or want from each other?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I cant understand how people want to be divided these days. Dont they socialize anymore with others? I mean my spouse and I are political opposites yet married. My kids are all different yet we exist as a family. My neighbors and coworkers put up political signs that I dont agree with yet we laugh and celebrate together. Why is this so hard? Deal with it. People vote for who they want, its a free country. When we start dissing others that view politics differently, we are done. Thats the very basis of this country.

Jan 2014
California
I am just posting this question because of the boycott of that music store against Trump supporters caused righties to sort of complain about it. So... that makes me wonder what people actually want. Righties can't expect lefties to get along with them while righties are bitching about lefties, and vice versa... so what do you guys really expect or want from each other?
Mr. Chief,

Amen, my brother. You know me, I love everybody and like Covey's fourth and fifth habit, I always think win-win, and seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Sadly, most see my way or the highway.

Jun 2007
Wisconsin
I cant understand how people want to be divided these days. Dont they socialize anymore with others? I mean my spouse and I are political opposites yet married. My kids are all different yet we exist as a family. My neighbors and coworkers put up political signs that I dont agree with yet we laugh and celebrate together. Why is this so hard? Deal with it. People vote for who they want, its a free country. When we start dissing others that view politics differently, we are done. Thats the very basis of this country.
True and I do get a long most of the true conservatives in my life, but its extremely difficult to get along with those from the far, far right who engage in conspiracy and support rhetoric that is racist. As Jets would say, 'just my two cents'.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I’ve wondered the exact same thing. It is a massive problem. I don’t know of an easy solution.
I do, we accept each other for who they are, warts and all. At the end of the day its politics. Its almost as dumb as hating somebody because they like a certain type of music. Many of us have changed our political views several times as we have aged. To even begin to hate over something like that is truly a bit warped.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
True and I do get a long most of the true conservatives in my life, but its extremely difficult to get along with those from the far, far right who engage in conspiracy and support rhetoric that is racist. As Jets would say, 'just my two cents'.
Sure and I expect they find associating with someone on the far left just as hard. A friend of mine was a card carrying Communist when I was in college back in the 80s. Yet we didnt shun her or mock her. She eventually changed (several times) since then and decided it was just a phase of her life.