Righties and lefties... do you want to get along?

Feb 2019
Wa State
Although there are some truths here, that reads like "we have to work together doing it my way." That perspective/tactic isn't working out so well for the right.
I agree that it does. I didnt mean to come out exactly like that. I know why I'm not a speech writer lol:) I meant that Repubs act like 85% of America is their way still and the Left is just a small cooky bunch of rejects. They dont have nearly the negotiation power than they had during say the Reagan era. I doubt they ever will again unless they do it by force.

Apr 2018
oregon
I detest name calling. To me it’s a way of filling in gaps when you have nothing constructive to say. Of course, saying something nice about a person is always welcome!
Contrary to the beliefs of some, I feel the same way. However, if someone wants to have a food fight, my refrigerator is fully stocked.

Mar 2018
Florida
Emotion makes discussions interesting.
It's almost unavoidable if you really care about an issue.
I understand that deep feelings are behind the words. But if we want to present ourselves logically, we have to take a breath. Otherwise one ticks off the other. And to me it becomes a pissing match.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I am just posting this question because of the boycott of that music store against Trump supporters caused righties to sort of complain about it. So... that makes me wonder what people actually want. Righties can't expect lefties to get along with them while righties are bitching about lefties, and vice versa... so what do you guys really expect or want from each other?
Mostly I just want to debate about issues and not who's "group" is the bigger collective asshole.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I understand that deep feelings are behind the words. But if we want to present ourselves logically, we have to take a breath. Otherwise one ticks off the other. And to me it becomes a pissing match.
A good forum has both.
The membership should mainly police themselves.
I just skim many member's posts.......other's I bypass.

Nov 2015
UK
I cant understand how people want to be divided these days. Dont they socialize anymore with others? I mean my spouse and I are political opposites yet married. My kids are all different yet we exist as a family. My neighbors and coworkers put up political signs that I dont agree with yet we laugh and celebrate together. Why is this so hard? Deal with it. People vote for who they want, its a free country. When we start dissing others that view politics differently, we are done. Thats the very basis of this country.
People have different beliefs, always have done. But is it the advent of social media, and internet etc.. that seems to give people the courage to publicly voice their opinion and thus change their orientation towards society/groups?.

Why do people now post signs of their beliefs in business windows etc.. If I went to America and a cafe sign said, "No Trump supporters", I would go in, say I support Hillary and eat. The next day, I would go to another cafe that said, "No Hillary supporters", I would say I support Trump and eat.