Righties and lefties... do you want to get along?

Apr 2018
oregon
People have different beliefs, always have done. But is it the advent of social media, and internet etc.. that seems to give people the courage to publicly voice their opinion and thus change their orientation towards society/groups?.

Why do people now post signs of their beliefs in business windows etc.. If I went to America and a cafe sign said, "No Trump supporters", I would go in, say I support Hillary and eat. The next day, I would go to another cafe that said, "No Hillary supporters", I would say I support Trump and eat.
If I went to a cafe and the waiter asked who I voted for, I'd say "I'm voting for a BLT today, can you make me one?".

Last edited:
Feb 2019
Wa State
Which is weird because we had eight years of it. For example, when there was that big fight over raising the debt ceiling, the Obama compromise was he gets what he wants (raising the debt ceiling) right away and the thing Republicans wanted (cutting spending) could be revisited way way later on down the road. Maybe.
Funny how those policies have switched. Now Repubs want massive spending and Dems dont want wastes of money like a wall.

The entire Republican party platform is destroyed now because of trump. If they ever complain about spending, abuse of power or the deficit they would be laughed out of the room.

Nov 2006
It's not just about dissing other's views. I had friends that were Bush supporters and with the exception of a few times, usually when someone brought up politics we got a long.

Fast forward to today. Sorry, if I meet someone and they tell me they support Trump, that's it, I'm moving on. Trump's a racist, I have no doubt about that. I don't want to associate with any one who supports this racist President.

We are talking about the lowest form of ignorance.
I'll go along with this. I have plenty of conservative friends but that doesn't include teabaggers or trump supporters.

Nov 2006
If I went to a cafe and the waiter asked who I voter for, I'd say "I'm voting for a BLT today, can you make me one?".
If I were asked that question and I voted for Trump I'd say something fucking stupid too. I mean, you don't want to let on to strangers that you are an idiot.

Dec 2018
Florida
I'll go along with this. I have plenty of conservative friends but that doesn't include teabaggers or trump supporters.
I find that statement a bit...telling. Odds are you don’t know. Because you probably don’t talk politics with them. I don’t talk politics with friends. And I love teabagging. After the shower of course.

Wait. What?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Funny how those policies have switched. Now Repubs want massive spending and Dems dont want wastes of money like a wall.

The entire Republican party platform is destroyed now because of trump. If they ever complain about spending, abuse of power or the deficit they would be laughed out of the room.
Democrats don't want a wall. That doesn't mean they've turned into spendthrifts.
Republicans aren't much better. The only time the oppose spending is when a Democrat proposes it.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
That is true as far as it goes. But a Democrat and a Republican can still play football without having to worry about politics and the politics of professional sports. Politics has become the blood sport of choice for television. So ... ignore television and go live life with actual people rather than watching it all go by and filtering everything through ideology.
What if it's a 60 year old woman and 21 year old man? Can they play a game of football together?

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Thing I've learned about the left is that it really isn't worth compromising your beliefs to please them. Your reward is that they'll say nice things at your funeral.
What happened to you Mac?
You weren't always a RWNJ.
The abyss gazed back at Mac.

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
-Friedrich Nietzsche