Righties and lefties... do you want to get along?

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Mr. Chief,

Amen, my brother. You know me, I love everybody and like Covey's fourth and fifth habit, I always think win-win, and seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Sadly, most see my way or the highway.
Ow. Ow. Ow. My eyeballs just got stuck to the back of my head! Send haaaaalp

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
I wonder too if its a real problem, or if it just feels like more of a problem on the internet, where things tend to naturally escalate and exaggerate.
Since we engage on the internet, then it’s a problem. In that context, anyway. I’ve often thought, when fighting on the internet with what we perceive to be a sworn enemy, what is this person actually like? Would we hate each other in person? I’d like to think we wouldn’t hate each other. Who knows, maybe we would find out we actually like each other. I want to believe that we save the poison words for the forum, and if given the opportunity, we would act like human beings to each other. Hopefully.

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
I do, we accept each other for who they are, warts and all. At the end of the day its politics. Its almost as dumb as hating somebody because they like a certain type of music. Many of us have changed our political views several times as we have aged. To even begin to hate over something like that is truly a bit warped.
I agree. I don’t have to agree with someone to like them. I disagree with many people on many topics, not just politics. I don’t hate them for that reason.

Oct 2011
Washington State
Well I live in blue New England and my boss and about half of my coworkers are Trump supporters. Most are "Southies" from Boston as they are known. Born and bred there. We all get along. We kid each other but we always have, back when they were Obama or Bush supporters.
Well I guess that's your choice, not my type of crowd. I guess I contribute it to their character.

Last edited:
Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
I am not a righty or a leftie but I am vilified from lefties when I do not fall in lock step. From my perspective, this is where the hate and trying to shut down freedom of speech and thought and political affiliation is coming from.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I am not a righty or a leftie but I am vilified from lefties when I do not fall in lock step. From my perspective, this is where the hate and trying to shut down freedom of speech and thought and political affiliation is coming from.
I am not a righty or a leftie either. But I don't recall any leftie members here trying to arrogantly talk down to me. I do recall rightie ones behaving that way (akhem John T Ford akhem) on multiple occasions lol