Righties......Please explain the need/utility of high capacity magazines?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
...and please explain how you justify their danger vs what benefit they provide for legitimate shooters.

There must be a national law against them because if they're legal in some states they will find their way into all states.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
May 2012
By the wall
Because once you ban them and there is no reduction in violence you will decide to ban something else.

Then something else after that.

Then another thing.

So let's say you ban high capacity magazines and the violence doesn't change.

Will you say, "well we tried and it didn't work so I guess we will just move on now".

Nope.

Mar 2008
The last place I lost my keys.
Are only righties allowed to answer? I'm sure there are plenty of lefties that own them as well.

Reactions: 4 people

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Because once you ban them and there is no reduction in violence you will decide to ban something else.

Then another thing.

Will you say, "well we tried and it didn't work so I guess we will just move on now".

Nope.
Translation: Pass no laws as they will only lead to more laws

Jun 2014
United States
Please explain the need/utility of high capacity magazines?

Quite similar to the "need/utility" of this device:

Reactions: 5 people
Mar 2008
The last place I lost my keys.
Open for all but I really want to hear from people that favor them.
I don't own any but I will venture a guess that the utility of them is to be able to fire a greater number of rounds before reloading. And I guess the need would be subjective, could be anything from needing a large number of rounds to defend yourself or your property, Zombie Apocalypse, looking tough and menacing. These are all needs, maybe not legitimate, but like I said, need is subjective.

Reactions: 2 people

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Then another thing.
Nope.
Slippery Slope
(also known as absurd extrapolation, thin edge of the wedge, camel's nose, domino fallacy)

Description: When a relatively insignificant first event is suggested to lead to a more significant event, which in turn leads to a more significant event, and so on, until some ultimate, significant event is reached, where the connection of each event is not only unwarranted but with each step it becomes more and more improbable. Many events are usually present in this fallacy, but only two are actually required -- usually connected by “the next thing you know...”

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/162/Slippery-Slope

Reactions: 1 person
May 2012
By the wall
I don't own any but I will venture a guess that the utility of them is to be able to fire a greater number of rounds before reloading. And I guess the need would be subjective, could be anything from needing a large number of rounds to defend yourself or your property, Zombie Apocalypse, looking tough and menacing. These are all needs, maybe not legitimate, but like I said, need is subjective.
Unless you are a perfect shot, which I am not, the more rounds the better.