Righties - What is the correct way to investigate suspected corruption?

Nov 2008
Washington state
So, the system for WBs that's already in place isn't good enough? It wasn't good enough for the the DOJ Inspector General to determine that the complaint was credible as prescribed by law? The complaint has already been corroborated by several witnesses.

You do realize that outing this WB will discourage other WBs from coming forward when they have knowledge of corruption, right? Is that what you want?

The intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) found that the Ukraine whistleblower exhibited “arguable political bias” but said the allegations included in his complaint were nevertheless worthy of investigation, according to a Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel opinion released Wednesday.

He said it was politically biased, but worthy of an investigation. Didn’t say everything he said is true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 2016
My own world
Hire an objective investigator with no axe to grind and a track record of fairness and let her go at it.
So what about the IG's? Horowitz and Duncan both have had pretty steady as you go no axe to grind track records. Do you support them or do you want to see the reports first.? If they support Trump's narratives they are OK with you but if not they don't, then they aren't OK with you? I have seen this movie before.

Reactions: labrea and Babba
Sep 2016
My own world
The intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) found that the Ukraine whistleblower exhibited “arguable political bias” but said the allegations included in his complaint were nevertheless worthy of investigation, according to a Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel opinion released Wednesday.

He said it was politically biased, but worthy of an investigation. Didn’t say everything he said is true

The IG said the complaint was credible. That's why it should have been sent ASAP to Congress to investigate. Barr 's JD did not send it to Congress showing the JD's lack of respect for the statutory role of the inspector general. In short the Justice Department sought to undermine federal law and the mechanisms for robust oversight of the federal government. I'd say Barr is building his own case for his own impeachment the way he is conducting himself and running his department.

Reactions: OldGaffer and Babba
Sep 2013
On a hill
Sure, but how do we proceed? What I am curious about is a process that makes sense. Righties have been attacking the process, so that makes me wonder what process do they think would work better?

Maybe soon the tribalism will piss off too many people and it will be decreased. If/when that happens, we need a process to deal with corruption, which happens everywhere, and the US is no exception. So I am wondering what folks think will be fair, providing the accused with due process, and at the same time allowing our country to clean out corruption that's uncovered.

There should be a way to do it.
The righties process seems to be publicly attacking individuals and groups until they fall into line - but thats about winning, not fighting corruption.

We have a legal process, we just have to use it. That requires individuals with an internal moral compass, and the guts to do whats right.

Reactions: Babba
Sep 2013
On a hill
Bring the Whistle Blower into the loop so he or she can be questioned to make sure their claims are credible. This idea the Whistle Blower can’t be questioned puts a very Partisan feel to this whole idea of impeachment. I have been on jury’s twice and never heard of witnesses not being allowed to testify and be cross examined, then the jury proceeds without considering all evidence.

The whistle blower has offered to answer question in writing, under oath.

The court may also evaluate the extent to which the confidential informant was involved with the crime. If the CI directly witnessed or participated in the criminal activity, then ordinarily the court will order disclosure. But if there is evidence of the crime from a source other than the CI, the court may decide to keep the informer’s identity secret.

In this case, there is corroborating evidence from other sources.

Reactions: Babba