Rights of an American

P

Properman

We all know that we Americans have lost rights over the years. But what rights have we lost, and what new rights do we have that weren't in the constitution?

J

justoneman

We all know that we Americans have lost rights over the years. But what rights have we lost, and what new rights do we have that weren't in the constitution?
No we do not know that. Stop making assumptions about what all people know. Tell me specifically what rights you have lost?

P

Properman

we can be kicked off private property while protesting, which is in opposition to the constitution. The problem is though, it is hard to say what we have lost, because the constitution is easily misinterpreted, one of the reasons we have the supreme court.

J

justoneman

we can be kicked off private property while protesting, which is in opposition to the constitution. The problem is though, it is hard to say what we have lost, because the constitution is easily misinterpreted, one of the reasons we have the supreme court.
I sure hope I am able to have you kicked out of my yard if you decide to protest there. Do you have anything??

X

xoplytnyk

we can be kicked off private property while protesting, which is in opposition to the constitution.
What makes you think you have any right to protest on private property that is not yours?
The problem is though, it is hard to say what we have lost, because the constitution is easily misinterpreted, one of the reasons we have the supreme court.
I can see how you are confused. The Constititution says what it says and it is written in fairly common english for the time it was written so that all men could understand it. It only gets convoluted when those who want to do so are allowed to convolute it.

P

Properman

I can see how you are confused. The Constititution says what it says and it is written in fairly common english for the time it was written so that all men could understand it. It only gets convoluted when those who want to do so are allowed to convolute it.
Yes, but what about gun control? The constitution says that it is legal to cary guns, but 1) it says nothing about hiding the weapons, and 2) the guns back then were a meter long(or so) not 10 centimeters.

A

Ausinus

Yes, but what about gun control? The constitution says that it is legal to cary guns, but 1) it says nothing about hiding the weapons, and 2) the guns back then were a meter long(or so) not 10 centimeters.
Exactly, this is why we have the judiciary, to clear up any vagueness regarding the constitution.