Rio Vista PD Racist Brutality

Dec 2018
Florida
Of course they were stopped for being black. They were racist. And all of that. Here is the NBC video with the footage:

Officer Body-Slams Woman After Traffic Stop

But things start to change a bit when you look at the incident from the body camera.

So. What do you think? Is this racist? What happened here? Do you think the suspects were totally out of control? The police? How do you feel about this?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Why was the original stop made? What prompted the police to take everyone out of the car and put them in the cruisers? Was there any crime whatsoever committed other than driving while black? And not kowtowing properly to police? My guess, none of this would have happened if the people involved were white.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Everytime I see one of these videos I can't help but, think about Chris Rock's video:

"How NOT to Get Your Ass Kicked by the Police"

Super funny and soooo true.

We will have just write this one off as a Darwin Award !!

Dec 2018
Florida
Why was the original stop made? What prompted the police to take everyone out of the car and put them in the cruisers? Was there any crime whatsoever committed other than driving while black? And not kowtowing properly to police? My guess, none of this would have happened if the people involved were white.
Well.

If you watched the video or read anything on the incident? Suspended registration. The people were removed from the vehicle because it was being towed and had to be searched (which the officer told them MULTIPLE times). The second vehicle involved was NOT involved until those people INVOLVED themselves. Interference is dangerous and stupid on their part. And they paid the price.

Those officers did everything by the book and none of them showed any signs of power tripping either. They were in the right 100% on this. Color was never a factor to anyone but the ones who failed to do what they were supposed to and got stopped. And they escalated the situation. And note that nobody was cuffed until they went out of control.

Dec 2018
Florida
Wow, it only took 25 minutes for a liberal to jump in an scream "racism."
Something that people have a hard time with is that people lie to cover their ass. Especially when dealing with the police. Just listen to things they say when they get a speeding ticket or drive on a suspended license or a suspended registration.

The sad thing is? If you asked any one of the women in this video if they said Or did anything wrong? They’d pass a lie detector test telling you they didn’t. I think the 2 men were aware of the situation (the one changed his tune during the course of the video). If they would have just shut up? Car would have been towed and at least 2 people wouldn’t have been cuffed.

Jan 2014
California
Mr. Remington,

I do think the body slam was a little excessive. Granted, she was interfering with the police and needed to be arrested, but not like that.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Of course they were stopped for being black. They were racist. And all of that. Here is the NBC video with the footage:

Officer Body-Slams Woman After Traffic Stop

But things start to change a bit when you look at the incident from the body camera.

So. What do you think? Is this racist? What happened here? Do you think the suspects were totally out of control? The police? How do you feel about this?
why did the officer body-slam a defenseless suspect ?

Dec 2018
Florida
why did the officer body-slam a defenseless suspect ?
You mean an uncooperative suspect who had interfered multiple times on a basic traffic stop? What? You expect him to let her continue to interfere? Note she wasn’t injured and was also intoxicated. Go figure?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
You mean an uncooperative suspect who had interfered multiple times on a basic traffic stop? What? You expect him to let her continue to interfere? Note she wasn’t injured and was also intoxicated. Go figure?
why did he body-slam her?