Rob Portman, GOP, for President?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Rob Portman (R), from Cincinnati, Ohio, is a US Senator, former US Trade Representative and former director of the Office of Management and Budget. He owns a restaurant with his family and is a lawyer.

* He is staunchly pro-gay rights, and has a gay son.

* He has a comprehensive anti-poverty stand that includes such things as ending the War of Drugs.

Sen. Rob Portman makes anti-poverty debut | cleveland.com

* He has sponsored a bill that would reward seniors with cash for meeting health-improvement goals.

Would senior citizens take better care of themselves if we paid them? Take our poll | cleveland.com

Portman is pro-Israel, anti-Russia, and opposes amnesty for illegals. He's just about my dream candidate.

Portman Statement on Bipartisan Resolution Supporting Israel's Right to Self-Defense - Press Releases - Newsroom - Rob Portman

Rob Portman

Portman Statement on Immigration Reform Bill - Press Releases - Newsroom - Rob Portman

What say you? Is this business owner and economics pundit a candidate you find attractive?

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Wouldn't you like to know?

Rob Portman (R), from Cincinnati, Ohio, is a US Senator, former US Trade Representative and former director of the Office of Management and Budget. He owns a restaurant with his family and is a lawyer.

* He is staunchly pro-gay rights, and has a gay son.

* He has a comprehensive anti-poverty stanch that includes such things as ending the War of Drugs.

Sen. Rob Portman makes anti-poverty debut | cleveland.com

* He has sponsored a bill that would reward seniors with cash for meeting health-improvement goals.

Would senior citizens take better care of themselves if we paid them? Take our poll | cleveland.com

Portman is pro-Israel, anti-Russia, and opposes amnesty for illegals. He's just about my dream candidate.

Portman Statement on Bipartisan Resolution Supporting Israel's Right to Self-Defense - Press Releases - Newsroom - Rob Portman

Rob Portman

Portman Statement on Immigration Reform Bill - Press Releases - Newsroom - Rob Portman

What say you? Is this business owner and economics pundit a candidate you find attractive?

Not conservative enough for my tastes. If he alienates the majority of the GOP base, which is Social conservatives like myself, then he is a nonstarter.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
And this is why "social conservatives like yourself" are irrelevant to the country and can but damage the nation. Portman is a moderate, an economics whiz and a leader, but because he won't direct hateful remraks at groups you wish to oppress, you will not support him. Will, most likely, seek to keep him and candidates like him, off the ticket -- not successfully, but enough so they emerge from the primary bloody.

Just in time to lose to Hillary.

Your selfishness, lack of patriotism and small-mindedness are astounding to me, Lex.

Jun 2014
And this is why "social conservatives like yourself" are irrelevant to the country and can but damage the nation. Portman is a moderate, an economics whiz and a leader, but because he won't direct hateful remraks at groups you wish to oppress, you will not support him. Will, most likely, seek to keep him and candidates like him, off the ticket -- not successfully, but enough so they emerge from the primary bloody.

Just in time to lose to Hillary.

Your selfishness, lack of patriotism and small-mindedness are astounding to me, Lex.
Bullshit! Real pro-life, pro traditional marriage Americans are far more patriotic than RINOs like you.

Jun 2014
You want to escalate the traditional caste above the rest of the nation in an act of discrimination.
Well whoop-de-fucking do. Life ain't fair pal. And Liberals are all about forcing "fairness and equality" Trouble is, Liberals want everyone to be equal in every way.