Rocked the PC world.

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
One must consider that a deliberately targeted use of the word towards an individual or a group for the means of disparagement or greater harm is quite different than the use of the term in a non-personal, non targeted way without the motivation of disparagement or greater harm.
That is exactly what Kid R did...he targeted an individual

Feb 2011
Ever changing
Oh, I agree. But that's not the way the rules are written here. When it comes to racial slurs it says any use. Just some friendly advice.
In all seriousness. How must we address the misuse of a specific racial slur without its distinct description? In other words, if I wish to address how and in what manner a demographic was wrongfully slurred how do I do so without expressing that specific descriptive use? For example, where it concerns charging someone with the use of hate speech in their attack on an individual or group. One must, in order to achieve a conviction, provide the actual words used in that hate speech to determine in what manner it is indeed hateful speech. Without the available term in my post how would you know if what I said was racist? One would have to assume which term I meant by c-word. There are other racist slurs that begin with a c-word. And there are many racial slurs involving other letters of the alphabet. Just wondering.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
In all seriousness. How must we address the misuse of a specific racial slur without its distinct description? In other words, if I wish to address how and in what manner a demographic was wrongfully slurred how do I do so without expressing that specific descriptive use? For example, where it concerns charging someone with the use of hate speech in their attack on an individual or group. One must, in order to achieve a conviction, provide the actual words used in that hate speech to determine in what manner it is indeed hateful speech. Without the available term in my post how would you know if what I said was racist? One would have to assume which term I meant by c-word. There are other racist slurs that begin with a c-word. And there are many racial slurs involving other letters of the alphabet. Just wondering.
You should go start a thread, bud.

Feb 2011
Ever changing
According to some simply mentioning race and/or gender is racist and/or sexist.
If I understand you right. This is the "slippery slope" upon which we descend. When speech begins to be further and further defined, and refined as to what is wrong it invariably will fall subject to a governing body to decide. And depending upon whose administration we are under and their ideology and their interpretations of that are acceptable or unacceptable, we are in danger losing our free speech. They day we are no longer offended is the day we are no longer free. For it is an impossible utopian concept which can never be achieved wholly. It can be achieved to it's utmost possibility through the means of coercion. Any of us, regardless of what we believe could find themselves quickly on the wrong side of the equation. The further speech is defined and refined the greater the propensity that we will.