Ron Paul: Republicans Are "Born Again Budget Conservatives" All of a Sudden

B

Bluegrass

Now the Republicans are magically "fiscal Conservatives" without Bush in the White House. But it was those same Republicans who backed every spending spree Bush went on, running up record national debt, and doing their part to create the Republicrat mess right now.

Partisanship has created an illusion of balanced government. Of course, a few Republicans were bound to vote for the stimulus, making it easy for the rest of the Republicans to distance themselves from the bill and blame the Democrats for everything. Their "fiscal conservative" stance is nothing more than the political theater we have been seeing forever.

In the video, Paul said he wondered whether Republican opposition to the spending is too little, too late.

"It is like they're born-again budget conservatives," Paul said. "Where were we in the past eight years, when we could have done something? And you see our last eight years that has set this situation up. So we can't blame the Democrats for the conditions we have.

"We have to blame both parties and presidents of the last several decades to have generated this huge government."

Paul said that he agrees that the economy needs to be stimulated but that he doesn't think the federal government should be doing it.

"Sure, we want more spending," Paul said. "We need a lot more spending in the economy, but it has to be done by market forces, by individuals, by businesses making proper decisions."

The stimulus package, which is expected to come in at about $827 billion when the Senate votes, includes tax cuts and credits and spending on infrastructure, education and other projects that supporters say will create and save jobs.
GOP senators 'caved in' on stimulus, Paul says - CNN.com

R

Radicand

Well whatever they want to call themselves now, the deal is done.

I've read estimates that the deficit is as high as 17 trillion dollars when you actually include all the numbers that Congress conveniently leaves out.

It doesn;t matter though. The economy is "going off the rails on a crazy train":whistling:. Staring through the widesheild is Pelosi's Botox-soaked, crazy-eyed, scary-smiling face.

I've also heard that the global collapse is coming in as little as 18 months.

Don't you just love worldwide do-overs.

W

wingrider

well we need a do over in congress and the senate and the scotus... then we might ahave a chance..

but it will be martial law, fema camps and a NWO before this shit is over..

T

Think for myself

Now the Republicans are magically "fiscal Conservatives" without Bush in the White House. But it was those same Republicans who backed every spending spree Bush went on, running up record national debt, and doing their part to create the Republicrat mess right now.

Partisanship has created an illusion of balanced government. Of course, a few Republicans were bound to vote for the stimulus, making it easy for the rest of the Republicans to distance themselves from the bill and blame the Democrats for everything. Their "fiscal conservative" stance is nothing more than the political theater we have been seeing forever.

GOP senators 'caved in' on stimulus, Paul says - CNN.com

On this he is spot on. Amazing how much spending suddenly matters to Republicans starting on 1/21/09.

B

Bluegrass

On this he is spot on. Amazing how much spending suddenly matters to Republicans starting on 1/21/09.
Yet the Republicans, when given control of the house and senate, spend like a kid with their first credit card. Their current stance has nothing to do with principle, they just want to look like fiscal conservatives out of partisanship.

They would have passed a stimulus with McCain or Bush.

I don't support the stimulus, but at least I know where Obama stands on it.

D

Devil505

It's pretty obvious that Republicans feel their patriotism is completely covered by simply wearing American flag lapel pins. They care nothing about their country, only their Country Club." (which undoubtedly is still closed to many of their fellow Americans)
It used to really piss me off that they had fooled so many American voters with their phony flag waving & lower tax platform....but no more! We see them for the rich of neighbor yelling for the rest of us to stay off their lawns that they have always been.
At this point, they are trying to walk a very thin line between "Loyal Opposition" &........TREASON!