Ron Paul to chair House Financial Service subcommittee - Look Out Bernanke!

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
Gee, this oughta be fun.

Ron Paul gets to chair the committee that oversees the Fed!

The Fed? Ron Paul

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

(wouldn't it be great? whatever happened?)

Jun 2011
In a better place than u
The article is a year old. Sheesh, pay attenshun mon.

The title is misleading. What was your intent here?

It looks like he's not spending much time earning his pay.

Last edited:
Dec 2010
Virginia
The article is a year old. Sheesh, pay attenshun mon.

The title is misleading. What was your intent here?

It looks like he's not spending much time earning his pay.
That all depends on what you mean by "earning his pay..." If you mean he's out pretending he wants to be President, and meanwhile meaningful investigations get stymied then I'd say he's worth every penny the banksters, fraudsters, and pillagers of the economy have ever paid him.

Nov 2011
Gee, this oughta be fun.

Ron Paul gets to chair the committee that oversees the Fed!

The Fed? Ron Paul

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

(wouldn't it be great? whatever happened?)
It shouldn't take Ron Paul to get Bernanke to play ball with congress. Obama appointed him and Obama should have HIS feet held to the fire if Bernanke doesn't give congress straight answers to any question they have without reservation or rancor.

Dec 2010
Virginia
It shouldn't take Ron Paul to get Bernanke to play ball with congress. Obama appointed him and Obama should have HIS feet held to the fire if Bernanke doesn't give congress straight answers to any question they have without reservation or rancor.
As memory serves Obama NOMINATED him. Congress approved his appointment. Seems to me, though, that his tenure started under Bush the lesser.

Nov 2011
Presidents appoint. The appointments have to be approved. And Obama can fire his ass and appoint a new one. Thanks for asking. I"m always ready to lend a helping hand with remedial civics tutoring.

Feb 2010
Presidents appoint. The appointments have to be approved. And Obama can fire his ass and appoint a new one. Thanks for asking. I"m always ready to lend a helping hand with remedial civics tutoring.
The Chairman of the FED is nominated by The President and approved by Congress. Therefore, The President does not have the power fire the Chairman of the Fed. This would have to be done by Congress in an impeachment proceeding.
..............Congress oversees the FED.