Ron Paul's march on Washington 9/12

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
10,000 People Show up in New Lenox, IL

TEA PARTY in New Lenox, IL. A huge turnout of about 10,000 flag waving, sign toting, pissed off, proud AMERICANS wanting to get their country back! Fantastic turnout in New Lenox this morning, 10,000 Patriots! The people of America (the sleeping giant) are finally waking up, and we're never going to close our eyes again. "We have absolute power as to who remains in office and who goes in the upcoming 2010 elections, and our politicians know it too."

http://amusingbunni.blogspot.com/2009/09/tea-party-today-in-new-lenox-il-huge.html

http://teapartyexpress.wordpress.com/2009/09/07/sheriff-reports-10000-at-new-lenoxjoliet-rally/

The event was a great success in terms of turn out. I saw some very creative signs with genuine heart felt HATRED for the government. I am so happy to report there are some VERY upset folks out there who are off the couch and in play. It felt great to see a portion of the founding fathers spirit in action.

However the down shot today for me was, I felt a continued majority support for unconstitutional wars, and being pimped out by “the war on terrorâ€. At one low point, I threw up in my mouth as the crowd praised Glen Beck(?) who is NO Patriot, but a hypocritical media devil actor. I had hoped by now we all saw clearly the two party system had ruined this country and were ready to move to the next level. Under the two party system we have gone from citizens to serfs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OtqdSOKaEg

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='nonsqtr' date='07 September 2009 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1252379772' post='18331']

10,000 People Show up in New Lenox, IL

TEA PARTY in New Lenox, IL. A huge turnout of about 10,000 flag waving, sign toting, pissed off, proud AMERICANS wanting to get their country back! Fantastic turnout in New Lenox this morning, 10,000 Patriots! The people of America (the sleeping giant) are finally waking up, and we're never going to close our eyes again. "We have absolute power as to who remains in office and who goes in the upcoming 2010 elections, and our politicians know it too."

http://amusingbunni.blogspot.com/2009/09/tea-party-today-in-new-lenox-il-huge.html

http://teapartyexpress.wordpress.com/2009/09/07/sheriff-reports-10000-at-new-lenoxjoliet-rally/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OtqdSOKaEg

[/quote]

Expect 100,000 plus in D.C.

Nov 2005
Richmond Va
[quote name='Formative Years' date='08 September 2009 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1252384891' post='18342']

What exactly do these 10,000 want to take their country back from?

[/quote]

I'm guessing the negroes?

[quote name='Inkslinger' date='08 September 2009 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1252384977' post='18343']

I'm guessing the negroes?

[/quote]

Most likely. If they wanted to take their country back from "tyranny and oppression" they should have done this years ago.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
[quote name='Formative Years' date='08 September 2009 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1252385108' post='18344']

Most likely. If they wanted to take their country back from "tyranny and oppression" they should have done this years ago.

[/quote]

Um.... THEY DID ? !!!

And now it looks like they're going to have to do it again.

Formative - imagine a guy like me - FIFTY years old - who suddenly wakes up one morning to the realization that he might have to pick up a rifle and actually shoot someone. How do you think that makes a guy like me feel? Hm?

'Cause I mean, I'm an old hand with guns, and combat too.

And I PRIDED myself in the personal accomplishment and belief, that "I'd never have to do that again".

And yet, here we are.

How do you think that makes me feel, when I like at my two children, who are presently 2 and 3-and-a-half ?

You think I give a rat's *ss about "negroes"? NO!!! The thought never even crosses my mind, except when

I'm hopin' that there's enough of 'em on OUR side to give US an advantage! Know what I'm sayin'?

Hey man, I'm so f'in open-minded on this thing, that I'm actually soliciting input from people I would

NEVER have associated with in the past - everything from commies to skinheads, and everything in between!

Negros, I'm not worried about. Got plenty of black friends, and always will. One of the biggest compliments

I've EVER gotten, is when my college buddy looked over at me one day, and said, "you know what? You're blacker

than I am". Ha ha - I kid you not.

So, you know, I'm glad you people can take this issue so lightly, 'cause I can't. No, in fact, I'm even

losing sleep over it these days. Because I do not see, that there's ENOUGH interest and awareness in what's

really going on, to nip this thing in the bud before it becomes SO serious that only violence will address it.

This equation troubles me GREATLY, and I don't know that there's a d*mn thing I can do about it, and that

worries me even MORE!

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
[quote name='jacksbrat' date='08 September 2009 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1252389138' post='18346']

I thought we just got through taking our country back, What was left of it.

[/quote]

Job's not done yet.

In fact, we have a LONG way to go, before we can rest on our laurels.

Yes, it is TRUE, that Bush was a scumbag par excellence.

BUT, even though this new fellow Obama "seems" to be a little better, when you look at what he's ACTUALLY DOING

(instead of what he SAYS), then what do you see?

MORE money spent - ACCELERATING wars overseas - MORE corporate welfare - MORE assistance for banks -

deal with Big Pharm instead of Big Oil -

I mean, - same sh*t different day! Only the players have changed, the game remains the same.

There's THREE TRILLION DOLLARS A YEAR in lobbying money floating around the beltway in DC.

And that did not "go away" when Obama became President - in fact, quite the opposite!

Obama got more lobbying money, than ANY OTHER CANDIDATE IN HISTORY - anywhere, ever!!!

No sir, the job is not done yet. There's a long way to go. We need to fix the SYSTEM,

not merely change the players.

And I was HOPING, that changing the players might help that along, but so far, it doesn't

look like that's the case.

Aug 2009
[quote name='nonsqtr' date='08 September 2009 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1252389268' post='18347']

Um.... THEY DID ? !!!

And now it looks like they're going to have to do it again.

Formative - imagine a guy like me - FIFTY years old - who suddenly wakes up one morning to the realization that he might have to pick up a rifle and actually shoot someone. How do you think that makes a guy like me feel? Hm?

'Cause I mean, I'm an old hand with guns, and combat too.

And I PRIDED myself in the personal accomplishment and belief, that "I'd never have to do that again".

And yet, here we are.

How do you think that makes me feel, when I like at my two children, who are presently 2 and 3-and-a-half ?

You think I give a rat's *ss about "negroes"? NO!!! The thought never even crosses my mind, except when

I'm hopin' that there's enough of 'em on OUR side to give US an advantage! Know what I'm sayin'?

Hey man, I'm so f'in open-minded on this thing, that I'm actually soliciting input from people I would

NEVER have associated with in the past - everything from commies to skinheads, and everything in between!

Negros, I'm not worried about. Got plenty of black friends, and always will. One of the biggest compliments

I've EVER gotten, is when my college buddy looked over at me one day, and said, "you know what? You're blacker

than I am". Ha ha - I kid you not.

So, you know, I'm glad you people can take this issue so lightly, 'cause I can't. No, in fact, I'm even

losing sleep over it these days. Because I do not see, that there's ENOUGH interest and awareness in what's

really going on, to nip this thing in the bud before it becomes SO serious that only violence will address it.

This equation troubles me GREATLY, and I don't know that there's a d*mn thing I can do about it, and that

worries me even MORE!

[/quote]

And just what "issue" is that? When George Bush was presdident, the republicans wanted us to believe there was a terrorist behind every tree. Now they want you to think there is some kind of buggyman behind every tree. Sorry to disapoint you, but the terrorists wern't there, and neither are the boogyman. Just quietly uncock your gun and point in a safe direction because no one's comming to take it away from you. Look, It's safe out here, you can come out of your fraidy hole now, no one's going to harm you.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
[quote name='jacksbrat' date='08 September 2009 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1252390977' post='18349']

And just what "issue" is that? When George Bush was presdident, the republicans wanted us to believe there was a terrorist behind every tree. Now they want you to think there is some kind of buggyman behind every tree. Sorry to disapoint you, but the terrorists wern't there, and neither are the boogyman. Just quietly uncock your gun and point in a safe direction because no one's comming to take it away from you. Look, It's safe out here, you can come out of your fraidy hole now, no one's going to harm you.

[/quote]

Nice attempt at trivialization, Jacksbrat. It won't work though.

You want to see the problem? Here's an example of it - I'll leave the rest to you: