Rooting for Mother Teresa

Oct 2013
north america
I always liked St Dismas. The Good Thief - I suppose he stole Heaven. Remember the story. Two thieves - murderers, crucified with Christ; one to Christ's left - one to His right. One thief crying the blues; "Waaaaaaa, if you are truly the Son of God, get us the fuk out of here; and Dismas says : Shut the fuk up you dick, we made our bed; we deserve to be here; but the man between us is innocent. Good call Dismas; cause right after, Christ says to Dismas: "On this day, you shall be with me in paradise".
Well, we know that Paradise isn't heaven so Dismas didn't get the deal he was expecting.

Apr 2012
East coast USA
Heaven, sainthood, purgatory, Hell, Devil, God, - People have a very active imagination. All of this is BS. Not one fact supports this shite but imagination.

Nov 2010
Jefferson State
This is a thread about Mother Theresa. Here is part of the criteria for a Catholic to be a saint . "Saint" (contracted "St" or "S.") To be canonized a saint, at least two miracles must have been performed through the saint's intercession after his or her death (i.e., an additional miracle after that granting beatification). Canonization is a statement by the church that the person certainly enjoys the Beatific Vision. The saint is assigned a feast day which may be celebrated anywhere within the Catholic Church, although it may or may not appear on the general calendar or local calendars as an obligatory feast, parish churches may be built in his or her honor, and the faithful may freely and without restriction celebrate and honor the saint. Read more here. Canonization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...meijWkiMXYCKMi0XQ&sig2=mXvrt-FynjQeOpcWZUNlEw
I see. You don't want me to comment on sainthood at all unless it is Christian sainthood. This is one of the reasons non-Christians find you a pain.

Sainthood is not exclusive to Christianity. There are a number of Buddhist saints that I have met and studied with. Their qualities are equal to or even superior to those of Mother Teresa.

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
I see. You don't want me to comment on sainthood at all unless it is Christian sainthood. This is one of the reasons non-Christians find you a pain.

Sainthood is not exclusive to Christianity. There are a number of Buddhist saints that I have met and studied with. Their qualities are equal to or even superior to those of Mother Teresa.
Aren't you happy that anyone gives themselves as Mother Theresa did to the point where she would be considered a saint. This is not a story to show Christians are better then Buddist, just a story of Theresa. Your a little defensive over something trivial. Its good for anyone to serve people , not a competition

Nov 2010
Jefferson State
Aren't you happy that anyone gives themselves as Mother Theresa did to the point where she would be considered a saint. This is not a story to show Christians are better then Buddist, just a story of Theresa. Your a little defensive over something trivial. Its good for anyone to serve people , not a competition
I have no problem with Mother Teresa being called a saint. I have a problem with you telling me to shut up because I happen to mention that sainthood is not the exclusive province of Christians.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
She served herself. She did nothing for the poor except erect dying centres for them, despite raking in millions in conscience money from various shady characters.