Rosenstein blasts Comey as 'partisan pundit'

Jan 2019
southeast
Comey is such a loser...hope it won't be long before he is wearing stripes.

ROSENSTEIN BLASTS COMEY AS ‘PARTISAN PUNDIT’
9:57 PM 05/13/2019 | POLITICS
Chuck Ross | Reporter

Former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein blasted James Comey as a “partisan pundit” on Monday, claiming that the former FBI director has found a new career “selling books and earning speaking fees.”

Speaking at the Greater Baltimore Committee’s annual meeting, Rosenstein provided his most detailed remarks to date about his role in Comey’s firing, as well as his decision to appoint a special counsel to handle the Russia investigation.

Rosenstein submitted a letter to President Donald Trump in May 2017 recommending that Comey be fired over his handling of the Clinton email investigation. He appointed Robert Mueller as special counsel eight days later.
Rosenstein, who left office on Friday, defended all of the decisions, while expressing some remorse over Comey’s unceremonious ouster.
“If I had been the decision maker, the removal would have been handled very differently, with far more respect and far less drama. So I do not blame the former director for being angry,” Rosenstein said, while adding that his memo recommending the firing was “reasonable under the circumstances.”

He then went after Comey over the former FBI chief’s comments at a CNN town hall on Thursday.
“[N]ow the former Director is a partisan pundit, selling books and earning speaking fees while speculating about the strength of my character and the fate of my immortal soul,” Rosenstein said.
During the CNN appearance, Comey said that Rosenstein lacked the characteristics to resist pressure from Trump
“I think people like that, like Rod Rosenstein, who are people of accomplishment but not real sterling character, strong character, find themselves trapped,” Comey said at the CNN event.
“That is disappointing,” Rosenstein said Monday. “Speculating about souls is not a job for police and prosecutors. Generally we base our opinions on eyewitness testimony.”

Rosenstein also dismissed the claim that the Trump White House could have influenced his handling of Mueller’s investigation.
“I would never have allowed anyone to interfere with the investigation,” Rosenstein said.Rosenstein Blasts Comey As ‘Partisan Pundit’

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
It's going to be get very interesting in the upcoming months. With a new Special Prosecutor that the AG has appointed, the Democrats have to be pushing the panic button. Not a big fan of Rosenstein, as he tries to keep himself out of hot water, but we will discover how deeply Rosenstein was involved and whether McCabe was telling the truth.

Comey is a dirtbag and if he were smart he would have kept his mouth shut, but he seems to like all of the media attention, and we know the leftist media like him now, as long as he keeps attacking Trump.

But, justice will prevail and when the dust clears, Comey could be looking at a prison cell, and several other key players, including Obama and Hillary, ought to be indicted.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
It's going to be get very interesting in the upcoming months. With a new Special Prosecutor that the AG has appointed, the Democrats have to be pushing the panic button. Not a big fan of Rosenstein, as he tries to keep himself out of hot water, but we will discover how deeply Rosenstein was involved and whether McCabe was telling the truth.

Comey is a dirtbag and if he were smart he would have kept his mouth shut, but he seems to like all of the media attention, and we know the leftist media like him now, as long as he keeps attacking Trump.

But, justice will prevail and when the dust clears, Comey could be looking at a prison cell, and several other key players, including Obama and Hillary, ought to be indicted.
RR really does come across as a snake.

I'm still not 100% if he is a black hat that was given a deal he could not refuse, or a white hat that has had to be a weasel to maintain his position...

The one thing that should scare Democrats is that he is being lined up to act as a witness... which suggests that the whole time this coup has been going on, RR was just pretending to play along and taking notes of who did what and when.

I'm even starting to hear rumblings that even Comey may have been flipped, but I still have a hard time changing my view on that, since he's done so much to help the bad guys that he would have to have something significant hidden just to be brought back to the level of grey hat IMO.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
RosenStain forever tarnished his reputation and sold his soul on the way out the door. F him!

LOL, Well, that's one way to look at it. Or, you could say that Rosenstein finally saw the writing on the wall, knew that the truth would come out and he didn't want to found on the wrong side of history ----- like all of the Trump haters, who will eventually be found with egg all over their pathetic faces.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
RR really does come across as a snake.

I'm still not 100% if he is a black hat that was given a deal he could not refuse, or a white hat that has had to be a weasel to maintain his position...

The one thing that should scare Democrats is that he is being lined up to act as a witness... which suggests that the whole time this coup has been going on, RR was just pretending to play along and taking notes of who did what and when.

I'm even starting to hear rumblings that even Comey may have been flipped, but I still have a hard time changing my view on that, since he's done so much to help the bad guys that he would have to have something significant hidden just to be brought back to the level of grey hat IMO.
Yes, Rosenstein to me, does seem to a snake, but I'm glad he has been speaking the truth as of late. He probably realized that the sh** is going to hit the fan, and he didn't want to be standing in front of the fan.

Comey is in deep trouble. He knows what he did and what he said will come back to haunt him. He is corrupt, probably got pulled in by Obama and Lynch, who themselves are corrupt. Comey is still acting like he didn't know half of what was going on all around him, but he will soon have to confess his dirty deeds, and most of the Trump haters are not going to like what he has to say.

Apr 2014
Maryland
Yes, Rosenstein to me, does seem to a snake, but I'm glad he has been speaking the truth as of late. He probably realized that the sh** is going to hit the fan, and he didn't want to be standing in front of the fan.

Comey is in deep trouble. He knows what he did and what he said will come back to haunt him. He is corrupt, probably got pulled in by Obama and Lynch, who themselves are corrupt. Comey is still acting like he didn't know half of what was going on all around him, but he will soon have to confess his dirty deeds, and most of the Trump haters are not going to like what he has to say.
I love it...Obama is soooo corrupt! Lol