Round-up being detected in massive amounts in all types of food now.

May 2012
By the wall
As some background, this product was developed by Monsanto but their patent expired about 17 years ago and since then this product has become the best selling pesticide in the US.

The ingredient that's harmful is glyphosate where the FDA has determined a safety level of 0.1 PPB (parts per billion).

Here is a chart of what they have found in current foods.

Here is why we all should be concerned about eating glyphosate:

Independent research links glyphosate to cancer (sources:*1,*2,*3,*4,*5) and it has been deemed a probable human carcinogen by the World Health Organization’s team of international cancer experts. The*childhood cancer rate is steadily rising*and experts say that they don’t know why. Why are they not taking a closer look at these facts?

Research also indicates that glyphosate is an*endocrine disruptor, which disrupts hormones and leads to reproductive problems, early onset puberty, obesity, diabetes, and some cancers. When it comes to endocrine disruptors,*very small exposures*are the most damaging, so*“the dose makes the poison” mantra*does not apply!*

Glyphosate is*a broad-spectrum antibiotic*killing the good bacteria in your gut.*Poor gut health*is linked to inflammation and a whole host of diseases. As GMOs laced with glyphosate are commonly fed to farm animals, this could very well be*contributing to antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

It binds with vital nutrients in the soil (like iron, calcium, manganese, zinc) and*prevents plants for taking them up. Glyphosate*is thereby making food less nutritious!
https://foodbabe.com/2016/11/15/monsanto/

How serious of a health risk this is isn't known yet but it can't be good.

Another question is why this isn't being covered more extensively.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
Aren't these figures inconsequential when it comes to ppb? Even the largest quantity found in the test range is still rather insignificant.

Ceramic glazes with a fritted lead content of 800/ppm are considered safe for use in the classroom.

Do glyphosates have residual properties?

Last edited:
May 2012
By the wall
Aren't these figures inconsequential when it comes to ppb? Even the largest quantity found in the test range is still rather insignificant.

Ceramic glazes with a fritted lead content of 800/ppm are considered safe for use in the classroom.

Can't help you there, not really my subject.

I just found it interesting so wanted to get a discussion going on it to maybe learn something.

May 2012
By the wall
This is old news.
Monsanto manufactures Roundup.
It's genetically infused in our crops now, for more yield.
As I said, their patent expired 17 years ago, now anyone can manufacture the actual product.

While they may be at some fault there are plenty of others now also.

Jul 2014
midwest
As some background, this product was developed by Monsanto but their patent expired about 17 years ago and since then this product has become the best selling pesticide in the US.

The ingredient that's harmful is glyphosate where the FDA has determined a safety level of 0.1 PPB (parts per billion).

Here is a chart of what they have found in current foods.

https://foodbabe.com/2016/11/15/monsanto/

How serious of a health risk this is isn't known yet but it can't be good.

Another question is why this isn't being covered more extensively.
Interesting that the whole grain Cheez its seem to have a whole bunch more ppb than the regular Cheez its.

Whole grain is usually considered to be healthier, isn't it?

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset

They're carcinogenic. What's a safe level of carcinogen?

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA

The ingredient that's harmful is glyphosate where the FDA has determined a safety level of 0.1 PPB (parts per billion). ....
Hold it, calling bullshit.
The Phase V Rule, the regulation for glyphosate, became effective in 1994. The Safe Drinking Water Act requires EPA to periodically review the national primary drinking water regulation for each contaminant and revise the regulation, if appropriate. EPA reviewed glyphosate as part of the Six Year Review and determined that the 0.7 mg/L or 700 ppb MCLG and 0.7 mg/L or 700 ppb MCL for glyphosate are still protective of human health.
The limit for drinking water is 700 ppb, and I've sourced it to the EPA. What are the odds that your unsourced safety level of 0.1 ppb is remotely accurate?

May 2012
By the wall
Hold it, calling bullshit.

The limit for drinking water is 700 ppb, and I've sourced it to the EPA. What are the odds that your unsourced safety level of 0.1 ppb is remotely accurate?
I've no idea, I know almost nothing about this subject which is why I posted it, to hopefully gain better insight into it.

There is every possibility that my source is incorrect, I don't know which ones would be accurate on this.