Rudy Giuliani Predicts Trump will be 'Totally Vindicated' by 'Smoking Gun' in Hunter Biden probe: 'We've got the Documents'

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
The "Great Game" is conducted by governments for the benefit of nations--it's not like the people of those nations don't benefit from it. If you stop playing the Great Game, you can't stay a rich nation. Not everyone can be Switzerland.
Yes, indeed. The war of aggression in Iraq didn't just benefit Cheney and Rumsfeld, it benefited the whole nation. So too, 5000 seemingly wasted lives and 6 trillion wasted dollars later, is the War on Terror. and I'm sure your proxy war arming white supremacists like the Azov Battalion in Ukraine is also going to go swimmingly. We just have to wait a little longer, lose a few more thousand people and a few more trillion dollars, and eventually the big bennies will start rolling in for all of us.

I checked out The Grand Chessboard, Zbigniew Brzezinski's classic book on your Great Game, and found this little chestnut (lifted from the book verbatim):

"Special security arrangements in the Persian Gulf, especially after the brief punitive mission in 1991 against Iraq, have made that economically vital region into an American military preserve. Even the former Soviet space is permeated by various American sponsored arrangements for closer cooperation with NATO, such as the Partnership for Peace."

Bear in mind this was in the interregnum between the first gulf war and the 2003 war of aggression in Iraq. Brzezinski's quite clear that the purpose of the sanctions (that killed 500,000 children in a moral calculation Madeline Albright famously deemed to be "worth it") was not to liberate Iraq from Saddam's oppression but to create an "American military preserve" in the middle east, but also note the total obliviousness here with regard to the threat Iraq would be alleged to pose only a handful of years later.

So we can conclude two things about this "Great Game" of yours. A. the people perpetrating it are lying about why it's being waged (at least when they speak; in their books they seem to feel safe telling the truth), and B. they have no idea how to actually keep the peace in foreign regions, and don't even seem to be trying.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
It's going to be an amazing country when any Rep or Dem can go to another nation and gin up "documents" to destroy their local political adversaries.

MAGA!

Reactions: Babba
Oct 2011
Washington State
It's shady as fuck for an energy company in the ukraine to hire a coke addled naval academy expelled douchebag to a 50k a year no show job.

You seem to disagree with me and people like obama
For Christ Sake, you support a Mob Boss President that abuses his power on a daily basis.

Even Hunter admitted it was poor judgment taking the job.

You sure have been angry a lot lately. Your Avatar is somewhat disturbing. :think:

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
For Christ Sake, you support a Mob Boss President that abuses his power on a daily basis.
this is a loe.

So hunter agrees with me.. hahahaha

You sure have been angry a lot lately. Your Avatar is somewhat disturbing. :think:
why do you trolls make every thread about me?[/quote]

Reactions: HadEnough2

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go

i bet he still cashed those checks though.

I was wondering who that was. Please tell me it's not that dude Trump pardoned.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Yes, indeed. The war of aggression in Iraq didn't just benefit Cheney and Rumsfeld, it benefited the whole nation. So too, 5000 seemingly wasted lives and 6 trillion wasted dollars later, is the War on Terror. and I'm sure your proxy war arming white supremacists like the Azov Battalion in Ukraine is also going to go swimmingly. We just have to wait a little longer, lose a few more thousand people and a few more trillion dollars, and eventually the big bennies will start rolling in for all of us.

I checked out The Grand Chessboard, Zbigniew Brzezinski's classic book on your Great Game, and found this little chestnut (lifted from the book verbatim):

"Special security arrangements in the Persian Gulf, especially after the brief punitive mission in 1991 against Iraq, have made that economically vital region into an American military preserve. Even the former Soviet space is permeated by various American sponsored arrangements for closer cooperation with NATO, such as the Partnership for Peace."

Bear in mind this was in the interregnum between the first gulf war and the 2003 war of aggression in Iraq. Brzezinski's quite clear that the purpose of the sanctions (that killed 500,000 children in a moral calculation Madeline Albright famously deemed to be "worth it") was not to liberate Iraq from Saddam's oppression but to create an "American military preserve" in the middle east, but also note the total obliviousness here with regard to the threat Iraq would be alleged to pose only a handful of years later.

So we can conclude two things about this "Great Game" of yours. A. the people perpetrating it are lying about why it's being waged (at least when they speak; in their books they seem to feel safe telling the truth), and B. they have no idea how to actually keep the peace in foreign regions, and don't even seem to be trying.
I'm not defending the Iraq War. That was a terrible blunder. And the Great Game I'm talking about dates back hundreds of years. It's as old as the modern nation state. And in general rich countries have been powerful countries, and they have grown rich only when they have been powerful. Before the US leading it was the UK (which grew exponentially richer as it took advantage of its powerful navy and it's disregard of Catholic attempts to divide the world by proxy). Before the UK it was Spain. Before Spain it was Germany (the inexplicably named Holy Roman Empire). That takes us back to at least 800 AD. And there was an ancient version: the Romans, before them the Greeks, before them the Persians. And before the world became truly global in the 16th century, there was version of the same game in the East (though I understand it far less well).

The Great Game has been a part of human culture and economic competition basically forever, having grown from localized versions of the same thing (Egypt, Assyria, Sumer, etc.).

Homo sapiens are a violent, competitive species. It's not pretty but it's who we are. You can't end the game and you can't choose not to play. You can, I suppose, choose to be a perpetual loser in the game, but that in itself proves my point. If we didn't do it, somebody else would. That's a poor excuse for an individual, but among nations, it's the only valid response.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
I hate Machievelli's analysis of the necessities of power and leadership, but he's no less right for my hating it.