Rudy Giuliani under Federal investigation, Trump throws him under bus

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
The House of Cards is coming apart. First, two of Giuliani's Ukraine henchmen associates are arrested attempting to flee the country, now it comes out Rudy himself is under Federal investigation. Trump's reaction when asked if Rudy was still his attorney? ""Well, I don't know. I haven't spoken to Rudy. I spoke to him yesterday briefly."

IMO, the two "associates" will plead out their crimes by providing information on both Rudy and/or Trump. Rudy will roll over like a circus pony on Trump if the Feds have him nailed on charges that would send him to prison with Paul Manafort

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan are investigating whether President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani broke lobbying laws in his dealings in Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the inquiry.

The investigators are examining Mr. Giuliani’s efforts to undermine the American ambassador to Ukraine, Marie L. Yovanovitch, one of the people said. She was recalled in the spring as part of Mr. Trump’s broader campaign to pressure Ukraine into helping his political prospects.

The investigation into Mr. Giuliani is tied to the case against two of his associates who were arrested this week on campaign finance-related charges, the people familiar with the inquiry said. The associates were charged with funneling illegal contributions to a congressman whose help they sought in removing Ms. Yovanovitch.

A source close to President Donald Trump's legal team tells CNN that former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is still the President's attorney but will not be dealing with matters involving Ukraine.

Earlier on Friday, Trump wouldn't say whether Giuliani was still his personal attorney.

"Well, I don't know. I haven't spoken to Rudy. I spoke to him yesterday briefly. He's a very good attorney and he has been my attorney, yeah, sure," he said.

May 2019
midwest
Oh to be a fly on the wall the moment that America’s Mayor realizes he’s has thrown his reputation in the toilet to pursue international conspiracy theories for a con man who has abandoned him.
Same here. "America's Mayor" had to get $$$ from somewhere for he IS (present tense until further notice) "working" for DJT pro bono.
:cool:

Reactions: Bad Bob
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Oh to be a fly on the wall the moment that America’s Mayor realizes he’s has thrown his reputation in the toilet to pursue international conspiracy theories for a con man who has abandoned him.
Like Bill Barr, I think Rudy will regret the day he tied his own legacy to the coattails of a New York Reality TV show host.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Like Bill Barr, I think Rudy will regret the day he tied his own legacy to the coattails of a New York Reality TV show host.
Both are men late in life. One of the arguments in FAVOR of Barr as AG is that, after such a long and honored career, why would he throw away his reputation for the sake of Trump. After he became AG, he gave us an answer: "Everybody dies."

Some people, late in life, say "I want to preserve my legacy for the sake of my name in history." Others figure that after they die, nothing will matter to them, so why not go out with a splash? That old Antifa guy in Washington is another example: 2019 Tacoma attack - Wikipedia

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Both are men late in life. One of the arguments in FAVOR of Barr as AG is that, after such a long and honored career, why would he throw away his reputation for the sake of Trump. After he became AG, he gave us an answer: "Everybody dies."

Some people, late in life, say "I want to preserve my legacy for the sake of my name in history." Others figure that after they die, nothing will matter to them, so why not go out with a splash? That old Antifa guy in Washington is another example: 2019 Tacoma attack - Wikipedia
Good points, but there's a big difference between a 69 year old anarchist alcoholic nutjob living on social security and two accomplished lawyers. Not saying Rudy and Bill didn't go nuts too but I think it's less likely than a similarly aged carpenter with a history of radical behavior.

Even so, it's a mystery to me why Rudy and Bill are not only risking their legacies, but also their freedom for the Douchbag-in-Chief